Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup med thread.

I've recently swallowed my pride n reluctantly been prescribed Seroxat albeit at the lowest dose (10mg) , has anyone else been on it ? anything positive/negative you wanna share ?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Yah, it's another brand name for Paxil. Don't have any personal experiences with Paxil, but I know there are quite a few people on here who have.

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops my bad, i wasn't aware it was "Paxil" til i wikipedia'd it a minute ago.

I guess us brits brand it differently or sumfin huh.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I personally loved Paxil. Discontinuation is supposed to be the worst among the SSRI's but I didn't find it any different from any of the others.

10mg just made me chill and calm and able to think more clearly instead of scattered brained 1000 miles an hour.

20mg had a 50% effect on Social Anxiety and Depression.

After 6-8 weeks or so and then a bump to 30mg Social Anxiety and Depression were inihilated. and was probably the perfect dose.

40mg took me into lala land and I was pretty much walking around with a 24/7 smile on my face, always ready to do anything, go anywhere, etc etc. But at this dose my creative functioning went to **** and ADHD symptoms became disabling.

A lot of people don't like it, and a lot of people find it useful. I loved the effect of it but unless you take a lot of caffeine or another kind of stimulant with it, it will surely kick your *** leaving you feel unmotivated, lethargic, etc. Once I added a few cups of coffee a day it was like flipping a light switch and was a fantastic mix. Same thing as adding Wellbutrin. The two of those together were gold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
20mg of Paxil (paroxetine) has been my perfect dose. Doc gives me that along with 0.25mg Risperdal.

Granted, this med combo isn't perfect, but it works pretty darn well, and doesn't make me manic. (I feel spacey sometimes)

·
Banned
115 Posts
I was on Paxil CR up till like 37mg or some **** like that.

It made me constipated, increased appetite, lowered my sexual functioning, and made me tired. I didnt really notice it working at all.

SSRI's are incredibly safe though so its definitely worth it to try them to at least see if it works. I had to try Paxil CR, Zoloft, Lexapro, and Celexa before I found that Celexa helps my anxiety some.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Paxil is perfect is you enjoy profuse sweating and delayed or absent orgasms. The anti-orgasm effect gets worse as you up the dose. In fact, Paxil is so good at delaying orgasm that it's actually prescribed for the treatment of premature ejaculation. (Look it up if you don't trust me on that.)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
All the people complaining about sexual side-effects should consider adding mirtazapine, bupropion or even yohimbine. They really do work, and I'm sure your doctor would let you try one of those.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I took Paxil for a little over 2 months. I started on 25mg and then moved up to 37.5mg, which is a fairly high dose for me considering I'm only 16 and weigh 116lbs. It didn't do a thing for me (as you can read in my review) except give me stomachaches. SSRI's work very differently for different people though, so give it a shot. I'm currently taking an SNRI which seems to agree with me better than the dozens of SSRI's did.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
All the people complaining about sexual side-effects should consider adding mirtazapine, bupropion or even yohimbine. They really do work, and I'm sure your doctor would let you try one of those.
But that wasn't the only problem I had with SSRIs. The other problem was that they didn't have any positive effect either. They were sugar pills with sexual side effects to me.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
It's not so much about the side effects, it's more about the drug to drug and food interactions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
paxil works great in combination with wellbutrion! By themselves they are not so good.
they balance each other out nice. paxil is the most sedating ssri and great for SA. Wellbutrion is very activating and can cause jitters and anexiety. its great for depression and gives you lots of energy. adding them together kinda cancels out the side effects of both. or you could do a benzo and wellbutrion, but you might build up a tolerance to the benzo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts