Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sinking fast here I think - I have no idea what to do - what do successful people do? I used to take some medication and in all honesty, i think I took it for the placebo affect - I can't bring myself to call and make an appointment with my oblivious doctor - Over the past 4 months I've managed to force myself to actually make the call 3 times - and the office was closed every time. Now i can't do that. I know my friends just think I'm crazy and though they are well-intentioned, call and I shudder and pretend the phone isn't ringing, knowing that isolating myself is about the worst thing. I used some accumulated overtime to take a little time off to try and mellow out, but I'm now more anxious than ever - someone tell me a mantra or a spell or some voodoo that I can do that will ease this craziness.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Dug :wel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure that would have helped, but no, they don't have an after hours answering machine/service. Health Care here is getting dismal. This is a GP I'm talking about. I really gave up on psychiatry many years ago, when I was severely depressed, it was a necessary change of lifestyle that surprisingly got me out of that pit. This is so different...

·
Banned
424 Posts
Hi again ... sorry about my bad English earlier, I was trying to type with one hand. You'll get more responses if you post in the "Coping" forum, below this one. Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean ... do you want to go back on medication? Do you have parents or someone else in your life who can help you make the phone calls you need to get help?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I don't know what motivated me to post a query here, just scrambling for a new idea... taking medication was sort of a psychological trick i played on myself I think - to be honest I don't think it ever really did much but give me side effects. It was the only thing I that seemed to be proactive. I appreciate your responses by the way - I was sort of typing here to express myself a little I think - it's such a ridiculous thing to be so hampered by irrational ideas, ones i don't really even understand myself, and that are in and of themselves embarrassing. It's actually funny to imagine that a person like me would seek out a social environment to disclose socialization issues.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome Dug! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts