Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
I think taking a piece of society and placing it in the ocean is a little far-fetched. Especially once the hurricanes start to roll around.

I like the "living off the grid" non-materialistic wilderness concept. Be it an island, or just the middle of the wilderness. Most places are inhabited but here in Canada there's more than enough space to hide from the world.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
brilliant. count me in as well. but it's ironic how we're afraid of people, but not of people with SA..
Yes. But if you're dealing with SA, you know what socializing can be like for some people. Therefor you're not going to make life uncomfortable for others.

I think taking a piece of society and placing it in the ocean is a little far-fetched. Especially once the hurricanes start to roll around.

I like the "living off the grid" non-materialistic wilderness concept. Be it an island, or just the middle of the wilderness. Most places are inhabited but here in Canada there's more than enough space to hide from the world.
Sorry about that then, it is far-fetched. Canada is a big country but i don't think the government will ever allow such a thing, Harper will sure as hell never allow it.

oo good point, what's our stand on politics? & we need to have our own religion too haha =D

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Sorry about that then, it is far-fetched. Canada is a big country but i don't think the government will ever allow such a thing, Harper will sure as hell never allow it.
Don't apologize, it's still interesting.
Of course they're not going to allow it, but they also won't go out of their way to stop you. There are quite a few people that live off the grid in the Canadian wilderness. Even in the US wilderness.

As for Harper... Well, let just not talk about him... :troll

confined democracy
It'd be a democratic community methinks.

probably haha, but all the grocery stores would be online =D
all the jobs would be solo, with no need for social contact =)
parties would include online chat rooms haha

Might be a little cold. Learn how to build a cabin, and start doing it in the spring so it's ready for winter. You'd have to do it near a fresh water source too and you'd have to kill and clean and cook your own food. It can be done if you're skilled at those things. I'd love to live in the wilderness, but I'd miss indoor plumbing. And I'd only do it with someone else, preferabley a girl haha.

good idea...
but when the crowd gets bigger will we end up being in the same problem as we're in now?
Oh no, things like this never end well. Read "Lord of the Flies".
As long as I can bring some weed plant clones with me, and become the local weed farmer/distributor, then I'm definitely in. Let's do it in Northern Ontario, lots of free land. Well, not free..but..yeah...

but then we'll be another california
I figure it'll be more like living as Native's did and as some Native's still do.
I've always been intrigued by that lifestyle. Hunting and killing your own food, living simply. The purpose of life in our society is to make as much money as you can. Living apart from that society, the purpose of your life would be to survive. Instead of sitting inside on the computer, you're either hunting, cooking, building something, etc. Like, right now, you'd be chopping wood and getting ready for winter. Doing this in Canada would suckkkk.

Ok, mix Aeon with The Island & you will get what I'm thinking of haha. xD

Discussion starter · #40 ·
I figure it'll be more like living as Native's did and as some Native's still do.
I've always been intrigued by that lifestyle. Hunting and killing your own food, living simply. The purpose of life in our society is to make as much money as you can. Living apart from that society, the purpose of your life would be to survive. Instead of sitting inside on the computer, you're either hunting, cooking, building something, etc. Like, right now, you'd be chopping wood and getting ready for winter. Doing this in Canada would suckkkk.
Ditto.
...and I'm down with the dope, but yeah Canadian winters suck ballz! Would need to build a warm cabin, and have a 24/7 fire. Cozy.

Australia? There's too many deadly things living there... Snakes, Spiders, Crocs... I dunno...

HaHaHa, I think it could make a good Reality TV show... Survivor, Social Anxiety Style. Someone should pitch it to FOX.

As for the group growing too large, well... Simply only allow a small group to go out. Never know, could end badly, but then what? Just go back to society -sigh-

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.