Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last evening I marched into a FedEx store just like a normal person and said I'd never sent a fax before & requested help in using their fax machine. The guy there was very helpful in showing me exactly how it's done. I think this is the sort of stuff normal folks do every single day and all it takes is a dozen Parnate for me to do it.

The fax was to lower the price of some property my mother is trying to sell. The Realtor had to have her signature. BTW, anybody want 120 acres of hunting land in Price County WI for just $49,900? It's quite a steal I hear.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
120 acres for $50k? Wow.
Yeah, that should tell you something about the quality of the land. You can't build on it because you can't put in a driveway. You can't legally put in a driveway because half a mile of road frontage is lowlands (read: swamp). It's no good for agriculture -- not fertile & too far north. No good for residential like I said. I'm not even sure if it's any good for hunting or if you simply have to call it hunting land because you've run out of other options by that point.

My late father bought it in 1976 for $6,000, a really low price. He failed to notice the blatantly obvious defects that make it worth so very little. He presumably bought it because "it's so cheap it has to go up." Well, it hasn't. Now we have to find someone as pathologically cheap as him to buy this crap land and we've gone through 4 Realtors in the last 9 years trying to sell it without a single offer coming in. If it doesn't sell at $49,900 the plan is the lower it by yet another $5K in the next 30-60 days.

One hopes it might sell for more than the $2.31 I paid to send the damn fax.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Yeah, that should tell you something about the quality of the land. You can't build on it because you can't put in a driveway. You can't legally put in a driveway because half a mile of road frontage is lowlands (read: swamp). It's no good for agriculture -- not fertile & too far north
That is the way most land here in the UP is. Don't have access to the highway, no electric, and it is unsuitable for building due to being a swamp. My father's 30 acres has access to the highway and has a high point in the middle of the property where he built his house. He was lucky due to it is swamp all around it. Just happen to have a high spot. He paid $1,000 per acre. That is a steal here for having highway access and a good well. Dad did have to pay out the *** to have electric line buried to the house, but they gave him a discount for putting in electric wall heaters. But he never uses them. He heats solely with wood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts