Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a symptom of a anxiety disorder? My eyes are super sensitive when I leave the house (comfort zone) and sunglasses don't work.

I have gone to the eye doctor and get regular checkups. My eye health is totally fine. It's so frustrating!

·
Painfully Shy Guy
418 Posts
I have never heard of eye sensitivity being associated with SA, but who knows? I personally do not like being in the sun at all, partially because the glare drives me absolutely nuts.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
My eyes are really sensitive too.

Maybe try and find a darker pair of sunglasses because I know the majority of sunglasses aren't even that dark, more fashion than comfort, I guess.

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Sometimes I have to squint my eyes even if it isn't sunny out. I have a lot of 'floaters' in my vision too, I don't know if you've experienced those or not. I don't believe any of it is related to SA, however.

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
I have really sensitive eyes. Dark sepia-tinted sunglasses work for me. I sometimes have to wear them in the house in the morning when it's really bright. I can't be outside without them or I get a stinging headache. I have to wear them in the winter too.

·
Painfully Shy Guy
418 Posts
I have really sensitive eyes. Dark sepia-tinted sunglasses work for me. I sometimes have to wear them in the house in the morning when it's really bright. I can't be outside without them or I get a stinging headache. I have to wear them in the winter too.
Audrey Hepburn always did seem to have those wonderful, sensitive eyes. Maybe they stung/sting from the tears of lonliness and empathy.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I notice that when i talk to people that i'm not so comfortable around (like co-workers). My eyes start to water in the middle of a conversation. Try to excuse myself by saying i have something in my eye. I was wondering if it has to do with my SA or is it stress related.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Do you have blue eyes? I hear they are more sensitive. Maybe you are inside so much that it's painful to have all that light?
I don't think it's related to SA. I do know someone that had light sensitivity and had to wear sunglasses all the time.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have bad eye sight period.. I cannot see without glasses (I wear contacts).. I hate it but I don't think it has anything to do with being social phobic..

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have this problem too. I am always squinting outside in the daytime, it's horrid. I don't know if it's because I am indoors so much or when it started.

·
Registered
690 Posts
My eyes are really sensitive when I'm out in public. They tear pretty easiely and wind or sun causes me to squint alot. I get alot of pressure in my eyes too.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I don't have blue eyes. But i feel its a concentration thing where i just get tired and exhausted listening.

I'm more aware of my SA, so a sensation of an itch in the eyes gets blown out of proportion into watery eyes. If i don't rub my eyes, the tears just run down my face. Its really embarassing. It doesn't happen all the time. Some weeks my anxiety seems to be worse than others.

·
Dan Dreamin
47 Posts
Yeah when i was younger like 10 or so my eyes would start watering when i had to do so and tell or read in front of the class etc, it continued on till i was about 18, when i spoke to people i didnt realy know my eyes would water and i would think that they thought i might be crying so i would just say i had somthing in my eye, still very sencitive to the sun, but even on cloudy days i wear sunglasses, my little bit of protection from the big bad world.

·
Banned
497 Posts
Is this a symptom of a anxiety disorder? My eyes are super sensitive when I leave the house (comfort zone) and sunglasses don't work.

I have gone to the eye doctor and get regular checkups. My eye health is totally fine. It's so frustrating!
its a symptom of anxiety. my eyes are totally fine when no one is around but as soon as im around people they kick off. the worst place it happens is alsways when im getting my hair cut, its a pain in the bum

1 - 16 of 16 Posts