Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ate some dry food this morning (sandwiches and some cookies) and I've been having this awful sensation of the food just sitting at the end of my esophagus all day long. It's like a lump of this dry food is just lodged in there.

I tried drinking water and soda, but the sensation persists. I'm not having any trouble swallowing, but I'm having extreme trouble burping (for lack of a better word).

I've rarely had this happen to me since the feeling goes away after I drink some water, but right now I'm not feeling too well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
it's possible you may have Gerd, I used to have this feeling of something stuck in your throat for a long time, Maalox helped me with that!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try focusing on relaxing that spot in your chest or throat that feels tight. I had this exact same problem and I realized if I really focused on relaxing, it went away.

If this continues, though, and you have heartburn with it, I highly recommend seeing a doctor. I mean, try Tums and over the counter stuff first, but if it still doesn't go away, see a doctor. When I had this, it turns out it was gastritis. I'm pretty sure it was stress induced, but I did need a prescription to help my stomach heal.

I hope you feel better! I know how much this sucks and can interfere with daily functioning.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
You most likely irritated your throat and that's why you have the feeling. Try to relax and give it some time, and it'll feel better. I've had this happen to me more times than I can count. It'll go away.

·
Registered
333 Posts
That's typical to acid reflux (AKA Gerd). It can be a myriad of things which are mostly harmless, but I know that I often have that feeling because of my acid reflux problems.
It might even simply being stress...

However, if it really worries you, go see a doc. At least you'll be reassured.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts