Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone be interested in buying my old gaming computer?

It can play modern games with most settings on high (including Crysis), source engine games (HL2, CSS, TF2, L4D) maxed out and older games like Doom 3, FEAR, Quake 4, Bioshock also maxed out. Also it is VERY QUIET.

AMD X2 5000+ Black edition CPU overclocked at moderate 2.8 GHz
Top of the line in 2007 AM2 Gigabyte motherboard GA-M59SLI-S5
- This board will allow for up to 16GB of RAM, and many CPU upgrades including tri and quad cores (with BIOS update). Also has a RAID controller and 8 SATA ports, and is SLi capable.
4GB Patriot low latency DDR2 OC'd to 900 MHz.
BFG 9800GTX OC2 512MB PCI-E video card with a lifetime warranty
Samsung SATA CD/DVD Burner (48x/22x)
WD IDE 160GB HD
CoolerMaster 600W Power Supply -replaced stock fan with high-flow blue LED fan
Zalman CPNS 7500 LED CPU cooler with speed control knob on back of case
Windows 7 RC1 (good til april 2010)

I am gauging interest here first and I am willing to cut a good price for SAS people. I would expect about $450 on ebay but will go under that here, PM about it. If nobody's interested I'll just ebay it.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I now have the computer completely built with all drivers and Windows 7 updates installed. To be honest it's a pretty good machine. It looks good too, I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

I ran OCCT (program that stresses the CPU/GPU/RAM at 100% for a set period of time) for 4 hours with no errors or overheating.

3dMark06 score is 10,850 which is at the top for "similar configurations". The most demanding game is still Crysis as far as I know and I am able to play it with a mix of medium and high settings at 1680x1050 with rare stuttering. Any other game I've played on it can be maxed out without any lag (Quake 4, Doom 3, HL2: Ep2, L4D, UT3, COD4, etc.)

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I'm certainly glad you're here to speak for everyone on the forum. And you're right, Crysis must have sold 3 million copies because people just wanted the decorative box; nobody ever plays single player PC games...what was I thinking?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Umm... I think people mostly play online games, like WoW, or wolfenstein, or battlefield.... these games don't require much computing power, and run smoothly on old machines...
And others are just happy with their gaming consoles...
I can't imagine the number of hateful replies you'd get if you posted this on a gaming forum.

·
Registered
813 Posts
accidental double post.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
I would be interested but am about to go to a new job. What does something like this cost anyways? Im guessing well over a thousand dollars correct?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, a couple years ago it would have cost that much but you could build it new for around $550-600 in parts today (labor is a few hours but I did it myself). Similar systems have gone for about $450 on ebay's completed listings lately. If I list it there that's probably what I'll shoot for but here on SAS I'd give a discount. Anyone can PM me to discuss that.

I will get pictures of it today as well.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^Updated original post with pictures^

1 - 16 of 16 Posts