Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of any scriptures pertaining to confidence or belief in oneself? I don't know of any off hand but I think there might be something. I know the Bible supports confidence in God mostly but maybe there's somthing about trust in oneself. A related question is where is the line beween self-confidence and pride? Pro 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction,and a haughty spirit before a fall.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I made up a rosary meditation for myself...handpicked Bible verses...one of the first verses is "I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me"...not necessarily about relying on self...but is sort of about being empowered...

·
kept in His hands
1,334 Posts
I think there are some verses that talk about confidence in oneself but it may very well be in the context of Christ dwelling in us. I'm going to ask a pastor friend of mine about this and I'll post any scriptures he points me to.

·
kept in His hands
1,334 Posts
Here's what the pastor emailed me....

We are taught in scriptures to :

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

We find confidence when we trust in Him. We find strength from Him, as he is our source to turn to. It is not of ourselves. It is from him.

Then this:

"In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence" Proverbs 14:26

"It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
Psalms 118:8

"the Lord shall be thy confidence" Proverbs 3:26

"To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him." Ephesians 3:10 through 12

"That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man. Mark 7:20 through 23

Pride is the beginning of the end for all humans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts