Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
INTP
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just realized something which may actually cure our SA for good. It is fully accepting yourself the way you are. I'm proud to be introverted because I know I have qualities that the rest, 70% of the extroverts, don't have such as a keen mind, straight-arrow qualities, etc.. I'm proud to be me, flaws and all.

I'm making affirmations like this, and encourage you guys to do the same. After all it is all about that one word: SHAME. But why does being introverted have to be shameful???

In Asian cultures, silence is revered and the quiet ones are usually the smartest guys or most powerful guys in the company whilst the loudmouths are really common with no filter.

Well, that's my thought for the day: self-acceptance and pride over being introverted. This will bolster our confidence and self-esteem.

Have a great day guys.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
I'm inclined to agree. I'm an introvert and **** what anyone has to say about it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hey, I just realized something which may actually cure our SA for good. It is fully accepting yourself the way you are. I'm proud to be introverted because I know I have qualities that the rest, 70% of the extroverts, don't have such as a keen mind, straight-arrow qualities, etc.. I'm proud to be me, flaws and all.

I'm making affirmations like this, and encourage you guys to do the same. After all it is all about that one word: SHAME. But why does being introverted have to be shameful???

In Asian cultures, silence is revered and the quiet ones are usually the smartest guys or most powerful guys in the company whilst the loudmouths are really common with no filter.

Well, that's my thought for the day: self-acceptance and pride over being introverted. This will bolster our confidence and self-esteem.

Have a great day guys.
I've been saying this for quite some time; accepting who you are and loving yourself is the best medication not antidepressants. Some people may have a problem with who you are but that is there ignorance.

·
Permanently bored
2,813 Posts
That might work for some, but I'd honestly rather not live at all than spend the right of my life 'accepting' the way I am now with anxiety (which would pretty much be like accepting defeat).

I'm not introverted, reserved or socially retarded, and being forced to act that way by fear just makes me depressed. It has nothing to do with 'accepting' myself; I don't need somebody on the internet to tell me who I am; I know who I am, but I have so many mental blocks and fears that very little of my personality actually gets through to the outside world.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thank you for that!
I just realised this today. I was thinking about my past and
future and why i am always depressed even when good things happen.
and that because of self hate. self acceptance is what
i really need to be happy. otherwise it wont matter what
great things i achieved that i had been striving for.
i would just be in denial becaquse i didnt feel i deserved it.
or couldnt beleive that maybe i do deserve those things.
and thats why they happened. i am a good person! :]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts