Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told my PD I wanted to try Parnate and he told me he would give me Selegiline instead because it is a new type of MAOI that does not have the food restrictions that Parnate does. Can anyone tell me of their experience on Selegiline? did it help both SA and Depression?

Thanks.

· Registered
2,404 Posts
Low dose Selegiline (<10mg) does not require dietary restrictions, but it mainly works just on dopamine and alone helps little for social anxiety. Parnate raises levels of dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine and others.

· Registered
520 Posts
I thought it was decent. The first few times I tried it at 7.5mg the experience was incredible. The first things I did was bust out my weights and starting immediately working out again after 2 years of not. And I was pumped up!! But that euphoria didn't really come back. Once I started taking unselective doses in the 20-25mg per day range then the effect was very uplifting. I wouldn't quite call it powerful but definitely noticeable. Increased energy, mood, motivation, feels of well-being, etc. But that was in the higher doses. It was ok but I'd say it helped me about 50%. When I ate chocolate bars that went up to about 75%. So I can imagine what a real dose of PEA would do probably a great fix. I also had no food interactions and ate all kinds of things even small amounts of soy sauce. But everyone is diff when it comes to that so be careful and just test things out.

I felt the 10mg and under dosages didn't really do that much. In terms of it being a filler feeling and giving a boost while ridding negative thoughts yes. I noticed I didn't need caffeine anymore to wake me or get me through my day, things like that, etc. But I wouldn't call it a strong effect. Wellbutrin to me was much stronger. But the nice thing about the Selegiline was it was completely around the clock. Where as a drug like Wellbutrin makes you crash like hell later in the day making you feel like a crackhead etc. Selegiline didn't have this effect at all. It was very very very smooth.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.