Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well it's my first post as well. Your situation caught my eye because I have started on Manerix(moclobemide) recently and am about to add Ritalin to the diet. I don't think it's available to you in the states. Do you have other MAOI experience, other than Selegiline? Moclobemide is fast acting and almost as effective as Klonopin in my experience.

Have you tried the traditional stimulants, Ritalin-Adderall and if so can you compare them to PEA effects? I have social phobia and attention deficit problems so striking the balance between stimulation and sedation has always been the challenge.

·
Registered
40 Posts
what are the side effects of PEA + Selegiline? I have used Reboxetine(Strattera) and by had a hypertensive reaction that was a bit scary.
As a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor wouldn't the Reboxetine cause more cardivascular side effects? The beta blockers would counter it for sure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I copied this from another forum on the topic of the Reversible MAOI, moclobemide. If this medication wasn't available in my country I would be sure to import it regardless of restrictions

AURORIX ( Moclobemide) is a reversible MAOI- type A.

It has little interactions ( with the max dose 600mg/day) with tyramine containing food, so a "normal-diet" does not cause unwanted side-effect, such as hypertensive crisis,etc.

It has a half life of 2 hrs approximately, and being reversible, the enzyme that destroys "Mono-Amines"- is restored within 24 hrs.

Also being as a Type A of MAOI, with the dosage of 300mg/day, AURORIX inhibits the breakdown of SEROTONIN, NORADRENALINE at about 80%, and with a higher dosage, it also inhibits the breakdown of DOPAMINE and PHENYLETHYLAMINE, at about 20%.

AURORIX has the advantages over MAOI type-B, DEPRENYL (Selegiline)- which only inhibits the breakdown of DOPAMINE and PEA, furthermore, Selegiline is partly metabolised into amphetamine- but acting only peripherally, not in the Central Nervous System, and thus giving side effect such as insomnia, agitation, and irritability. The metabolite, amphetamine does not have any effect on the brain, thus, it does not give the same effect as amphetamine-salts ( such as, ADDERALL,etc)

In conclusion, AURORIX works much better than DEPRENYL, as it increases the amount of SEROTONIN, NORADRENALINE, DOPAMINE, PEA, in the synaptic clefts, thus, improving mood and feeling of well-being. It also, according to some research papers, increases the total sleep-time and the quality of life.

However, it interacts with Pethidine, Dextromethorphan, and SSRI's, MDMA, as well as ANAFRANIL ( Clomipramine), causing SEROTONIN SYNDROME.

this improved mood took effect almost immediately for me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.