Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Selegiline today.It's a medication I've wanted to try for some time now,as I've heard many good posts on it.Now the instructions say to take 5mg tablets 2x a day.I'm also on Lexapro 10mg,Klonopin 2mg,Lamictal 200mg and Wellbutrin XL 150mg.Thats where my concern comes in.Is it safe to take the Selegiline at 10mgs w/the Wellbutrn or is that to high of a dose to mix it with?Would 2.5-5mg be a safer route?And if so would I still reap any benefits from the Selegiline at such a low dose?I know it has been shown to have neuro protective attributes at least in studies done on rats.It also is a GABA-B inhibitor.Now how does that play out?Could it possibly help in the reduction of Klonopin usage since Klonopin works on the GABA receptors?Also what are the common effects felt while on it?I plan to start it as soon as I feel it can be helpful to my SA w/o any drug interactions an at a proper dose.
Thanks for any responses to so many questions!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Selegiline + Wellbutrin is a hypertensive crisis waiting to happen. They could be combined for an effective combo, but at a much lower dose than normally used. Best avoided unless you really know what you're doing.

If anything, I think selegiline would increase your anxiety and make you need more Klonopin, not the other way round.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts