Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after toying with many different supplements, nootropics, and medications within these passed months I think I am going to add Selegeline somewhere into my regimen, it all depends on if my pdoc continues to think that the prozac regimen could still have a possibility of actually having some effect on me, which if is the case I will obtain Selegeline w/out his consent and take with my ssri.

The problem is don't know what doses I should take, how frequently to take it, or if it is a good idea to take it with Prozac, ativan, or Rhodiola Rosea, all of which fall under my current regimen as of right now.

I also take a few other drugs recreationally (kind of half recreationally half medicinally), like Opiates, Adderrall, pot, and alcohol, would there be any kind of interaction there?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
So after toying with many different supplements, nootropics, and medications within these passed months I think I am going to add Selegeline somewhere into my regimen, it all depends on if my pdoc continues to think that the prozac regimen could still have a possibility of actually having some effect on me, which if is the case I will obtain Selegeline w/out his consent and take with my ssri.

The problem is don't know what doses I should take, how frequently to take it, or if it is a good idea to take it with Prozac, ativan, or Rhodiola Rosea, all of which fall under my current regimen as of right now.

I also take a few other drugs recreationally (kind of half recreationally half medicinally), like Opiates, Adderrall, pot, and alcohol, would there be any kind of interaction there?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Selegiline in doses <= 10mg should not interact with Prozac. Ativan is fine with any selegiline dose. Rhodiola is likely to interact, giving (I'd guess) increased heart rate and increased euphoria (dopamine). I would be very cautious combining it with selegiline, though it does have the potential to be a useful combo.

Opiates, Adderall, pot and alcohol would likely all get a major boost in pleasurable effects, but apparently cannabis and alcohol increase PEA levels (already high from selegiline), so obviously you should start with much lower doses than usual for all of them.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohol would likely all get a major boost in pleasurable effects, but apparently cannabis and alcohol increase PEA levels (already high from selegiline), so oibviously you should start with much lower doses than usual for all of them.
Well, its not like I will be adding any PEA to my already high PEA levels (well heck maybe one or two times more for ****s and giggles). But it should be interesting mixing Rhodiola with selegline. That actually sounds like a really good idea, as rhodiola with AD's+Benzo have been extremely effective for anxiety.

what doses do you think should be started off with Selegeline?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Chronic selegiline use downregulates tyrosine hydroxylase or something like that. I used it for a few weeks, never high than 1 cc per day. My dopamine neurons pooped out for months afterwards. It was horrible and took months to recover from it. Caution is warranted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts