Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always avoided most people as if they were contagious my whole life. Now that I'm 21, I regret compromising my social skills. I've been holding back form college for 2 years now because of my SA. Everybody talks about college as if it were their best years, I would hate to waste mine. I just wanna be 'normal' (they don't know how lucky they are to be so characterless) Its now or never for me (funds are running out lol) and I would hate to self medicate with weed,alcohol and music but it seems I have no other choice.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm in college and also lack impressive social skills. It's probably for the better that you're holding off from college if you want to be more skilled socially before heading off. I kind of wished I'd gotten myself more prepared to be here, but like everyone, got to make the most of the current situation haha. Welcome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've joined a gym here not too long ago to help me prepare mentally and physically lol its quite small for a planet fitness so its always crowded with people. Haven't made any small talk with anyone yet but I got my fingers crossed.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Hello, and welcome!

Hrmm, yes... this 'cycle'. A lot of us tend to get it. Just have to figure out how to break it.

I've joined a gym here not too long ago to help me prepare mentally and physically lol its quite small for a planet fitness so its always crowded with people. Haven't made any small talk with anyone yet but I got my fingers crossed.
That is great! :high5 It's one step at a time. Let us know how it goes with the progress.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, DannyDro! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey dannydro welcome. :hyper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts