Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
express
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I've had a job I got severe panic attacks at work. I dreaded going in and was filled with fear. I had serious trouble concentrating and performing simple tasks. I could barely communicate with people because of the intense fear. My words would get stuck in my mouth and I could barely speak. I often went on break and didn't go back or would quit after a couple days. I would cry on the way home feeling horrible. I haven't had a job for more that a couple weeks in about 7 years. When I think about this problem I have I often end up in self-hatred. I've been in therapy for several months but I don't feel like I'm getting much help. About a week ago I finally started putting in applications but I'm scared I'm going to have panic attacks again and not be able to do it. I just want to know if anyone has had this issue and if they were able to overcome it.

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
I had the issue. I couldn't hold down a job in my twenties and walked off one job right after another. I'm now in my 30s and still have the problem, but the only thing that's keeping me from walking off this job again are my bills, and I know I'm running out of time.

Wished there was a magic answer for both our sakes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts