Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see people like they are things...not like they are what I am if that makes sense. I see them like they were programmed and I wasn't or something I don't know how tor eally explain it. Does anyone else do this?

Also, I notice that I'm really judgmental of people. I'm always thinking how (negative)- closeminded, materialistic, self-centered, egotistical, unoriginal people are or (positive)- attractive, nice sounding, well-spoken, detailed, alert people are.

I can't stop analyzing everything (including myself) and it really takes a lot out of me. Does anyone else do this and how can I stop?!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I do it too, often without even thinking about it.
I find it helps if you want to stop by just being aware that you are doing it.
Knowing I'm analyzing, I can take a step back.

·
Just Me
82 Posts
I do this a lot too. People tell me I am overly critical and judgmental a lot. :( CaptainRoommate is right. It's easier to stop when you catch yourself doing it. Just try to be more aware of your thoughts, I guess?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I do this a lot. I try to rationalise and apply logic to people and their actions. Trouble is people, by nature, frequently aren't rational or logical, including myself.

I know of a few people who have studied up on psychology, typology etc to help them with this stuff. They find that they still analyse people and think of them as objects (they see it as being in their nature and they can't help it), but it is applied in a more useful manner.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sometimes I don't think about other people as sentient beings with feelings, and yeah most of the time I analyze them as if I were watching a strange phenomenon that has nothing to do with me. Weird thing is, I'm always worrying about the people around me, sometimes even if it means to forget about my own happiness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts