Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Anyone live a second life?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone live a second life? If anyone were to meet me they would have no idea that I have no self-esteem. If my friends were to describe me they wouldnt say I have SA or depression either. Soon I go back to school and have to live a lie for the next how long.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Nah, I am who I am. For better or for worse.

·
Banned
165 Posts
Not really. But I don't openly go around and tell everyone I know that I have SA either.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
I guess I sort of do. Nobody knows I have SA or depression....they wouldn't be surprised if they found out I have SA but as for depression, I try my best to hide it and my friends all think I'm all positive and without worries. Even though I know it's not my true self, I feel like if I tell them about it they will doubt me or treat me differently. And on top of that it's really difficult to reveal my feelings to anyone...

·
Registered
255 Posts
glittergaze said:
Not anymore, but I used to.
:dito

I don't tell anyone about SA (I rather say I'm "very shy"), but I don't pretend to be something I'm not. There was a period where I did that to some extent though.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
deadxdisco said:
I guess I sort of do. Nobody knows I have SA or depression....they wouldn't be surprised if they found out I have SA but as for depression, I try my best to hide it and my friends all think I'm all positive and without worries. Even though I know it's not my true self, I feel like if I tell them about it they will doubt me or treat me differently. And on top of that it's really difficult to reveal my feelings to anyone...
I'm the same way...plus, I act differently around my friends than around my dad. For instance, I never drink when I'm around my dad because he doesn't drink and doesn't approve of my drinking (not that I drink much anyway). It's like the Seinfeld episode where there is "relationship George" and "independent George", only mine involves my family rather than a significant other.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, I do. I observe other's language and behavior and act like them, although that isn't my true self.

It helps me not to get embaressed cause my ideas and way of thinking is tottaly different...i'm like from another planet or something. :stu

I've been doing this for the last 3 months and got used to it, but sometimes I'm just sick and tired of playing an act.

Good thing I can be my true self on this forum, love you guys :kiss

1 - 10 of 10 Posts