Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey do you guys also almost weekly search about SA on the internet, hope you find a new treatment or something that can help you?.

·
Banned
497 Posts
Hey do you guys also almost weekly search about SA on the internet, hope you find a new treatment or something that can help you?.
no because i know how to treat SA.

you have to change you beleifs and the best way to do that is with cbt, thinkrightnow, hypnosis and nlp.

also you need to change your behaviour and the best way to do that is to do exposure in a hierarchy.

there will never be a better treatment than a beleif/behaviour change treatment cos this treatment cures it at the root.

and there will never be a better way to change your beleifs than cbt, thinkrightnow etc...

and there will never be a btter way to change behaviour than to do step by step exposure

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
No, not really. I'm usually looking up info on the plethora of other mental disorders I suffer from. I could probably start my own counseling service with all the stuff I know. :b

·
Registered
928 Posts
There is no cure but acceptance of yourself. :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I read once about this drug that they're making. Supposed to be the "miracle cure for shyness". I forgot the name, but it appears naturally in mother's breast milk to help the baby learn to trust its mother. Its what creates the bond between mother and child.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Why should there be a 'cure' for shyness? Why is being shy so unacceptable? Once we start making 'miricle cures' for every unpleasant emotion there is, is when we start to reject living or being human.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Why should there be a 'cure' for shyness? Why is being shy so unacceptable? Once we start making 'miricle cures' for every unpleasant emotion there is, is when we start to reject living or being human.
Well there's nowt wrong with being shy if that's what you really want, it's your life live it how you want.

If it's not what you want then you end up kidding yourself by believing that there's nothing wrong with being shy. It's the old "can't change a thing" mentality you've got to watch out for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts