Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else watching this? I think the humor is about the same as the older seasons except the main cast has become so unlikable it's hard for me to watch especially JD and elliots off again on again relationship ech. Kelso, janitor and cox still got it though and keep me watching. I don't know if it's Zach Braff trying to top Neil Flynns ad libs but he should quit it because JD has become such a whiny jerk.

·
wtf
419 Posts
You just reminded me that I've got to watch the new seasons. I loved the old ones- it used to be my favorite show actually. Unfortunately, I haven't watched a full show since the new season started.

I've only seen parts of a couple of the new episodes. I think I saw the part where JD and Elliot were getting back together and I was like, ugh, not again. I mean I liked their relationship in the past, but it's getting kind of old. I also saw a part where Kelso was retired (please correct me if I'm wrong) and he suddenly became nice for some reason. I didn't mind it but it didn't logically fit with his character. Maybe if I saw other episodes, I would realize this "niceness" was just a fluke.

Edit: Kelso was nice-er not nice

·
Banned
837 Posts
The first few episodes looked promising, especially after a horrible 7th season, but then it just kept getting worse. Scrubs used to be a comedy with a little bit of drama, in this season they decided to change these things around, and now Scrubs looks more and more like a crappy hybrid of ER and Grey's Anatomy, some episodes were just plain depressing. The new interns are funny but it seems that creator is having a hard time integrating them into the overall storyline, I think they'd be better off just doing a spin-off show with them.
But most importantly, after 7 seasons there isn't much you can come up with, all the jokes are predictable and therefore not funny. I'd love to see the series finale though, because they claim they'll finally reveal a janitor's name :lol

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Anyone else watching this? I think the humor is about the same as the older seasons except the main cast has become so unlikable it's hard for me to watch especially JD and elliots off again on again relationship ech. Kelso, janitor and cox still got it though and keep me watching. I don't know if it's Zach Braff trying to top Neil Flynns ad libs but he should quit it because JD has become such a whiny jerk.
They're still delivering lines, though. It's not ad lib. :stu

Some of the shows are funny, but that John McGinley guy really wears on me.
Sometimes, I wonder if some of those characters don't have issues.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You just reminded me that I've got to watch the new seasons. I loved the old ones- it used to be my favorite show actually. Unfortunately, I haven't watched a full show since the new season started.

I've only seen parts of a couple of the new episodes. I think I saw the part where JD and Elliot were getting back together and I was like, ugh, not again. I mean I liked their relationship in the past, but it's getting kind of old. I also saw a part where Kelso was retired (please correct me if I'm wrong) and he suddenly became nice for some reason. I didn't mind it but it didn't logically fit with his character. Maybe if I saw other episodes, I would realize this "niceness" was just a fluke.

Edit: Kelso was nice-er not nice
Actually there is a really good reason for kelsos niceness that ties into the storyline. It has to do with him retiring from his job and Cox taking it up. I think that is one of the few storylines the show has gotten right.

They're still delivering lines, though. It's not ad lib. :stu

Some of the shows are funny, but that John McGinley guy really wears on me.
Sometimes, I wonder if some of those characters don't have issues.
Most of the janitors/neil flynns lines are ad libbed because the guy is such a great comedian. Rethinking it maybe it's not Zach Braff ad libbing but taking more creative control of the show, I mean garden state was ok but inserting that style into scrubs isn't really working. I could see how McGinley could wear on someone, but I still enjoy seeing Dr Cox chew someone out.

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
I am so glad that JD and Elliot finally got together (again.) :mushy

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Never could get into that show.

·
SAS Member
13,225 Posts
it went to abc because nbc cancelled it and they picked it up.

i saw a few episodes of this season...the ones with courtney cox and they were horrible. almost pain to watch.

i used to not be into this show, but then i got a crush on some resident or medical student....i'm not sure which one he was. anyway, i found out he watched this show, so i started watching it too. lololol

i actually got into it though and watch reruns now because they're actually pretty funny. plus, i'm in nursing, so i can relate to some of it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've only seen one episode this season and I thought it was alright. I've only seen 5 or 6 episodes of the last 3 seasons but they've all still made me laugh. JD does get on my nerves sometimes though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts