Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched The Scott Hall Story on ESPN and my mind is blown. I was a huge wrestling fan back in the day, so to see how far he has fallen is truly sad. It really is a lot like The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke, but true so I found it way more powerful.

Sure hope Scott Hall can get it together.

·
Banned
6,269 Posts
My favourite wrestler back when I was a kid.

Edit: Actually got around to watching it, very saddening to watch. Seeing him in the ring when he came from the hospital was hard to watch.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My favourite wrestler back when I was a kid.

Edit: Actually got around to watching it, very saddening to watch. Seeing him in the ring when he came from the hospital was hard to watch.
Yeah the image of him all drugged up and having to be practically carried into the ring will be forever burned into my mind. I can't believe they still let him go through the match.

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Was worth the watch.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
There are a lot of demons there. Pain - fo sho.
He said in his own words that he should have sought counseling with that gun incident. He needs to reach out to someone and not be afraid.

It's a prime example of how self-medication doesn't work!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Damn, that was sad to watch. I actually found myself looking away from the screen during that "match". Wrestling is pretty much all he knows, so it doesn't surprise me that he keeps trying. I just hope he can stay clean and try to be a father to his children.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Just watched The Scott Hall Story on ESPN and my mind is blown. I was a huge wrestling fan back in the day, so to see how far he has fallen is truly sad. It really is a lot like The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke, but true so I found it way more powerful.

Sure hope Scott Hall can get it together.
I don't believe Scott Hall for a second.

Sure, he's in bad shape--as are many former WWE wrestlers--but Scott Hall is a showman through and through. In other words, the dude was milking it during the whole documentary. I've seen Scott Hall since before he was "Razor Ramon". I'm sure much of that crying was crocodile tears.

The real "wrestler" character--no doubt about it--is Jake "The Snake" Roberts. But his story is too real to be shown on TV, and makes "The Wrestler" look like a Disney Movie.

Same with the Von Erich family.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't believe Scott Hall for a second.

Sure, he's in bad shape--as are many former WWE wrestlers--but Scott Hall is a showman through and through. In other words, the dude was milking it during the whole documentary. I've seen Scott Hall since before he was "Razor Ramon". I'm sure much of that crying was crocodile tears.
I disagree. Sure, the producers use editing techniques to make it feel darker but I truly believe Scott is 'shooting' here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts