Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Hiding behind the sofa
255 Posts
Yes. I've started reading more science fiction books, mostly Philip K Dick or Michael Moorcock (both really good). I've been a massive science fiction fan pretty much since I first saw Star Wars, and becoming steadily more entrenched in science fiction since.

·
Hiding in my basement
347 Posts
Oh yeah. I'm a sci fi nerd to the core. Same with me though, I've watched tons upon tons of tv shows and movies, but I seem to have a hard to finding books I like. But that pretty much goes with any genre. I guess i'm too picky.

·
Banned
776 Posts
Yes! I read sci-fi / fantasy books constantly - some of my favourite authors are listed in my profile. I do watch films and TV (like Firefly and BSG) of course, but I prefer reading because it's hard for me to find time to sit and watch a whole film uninterrupted. I was a big Star Wars fan when I was younger, not so much anymore although I still try to keep up with the Expanded Universe novels. Never got into Star Trek at all though!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been a massive science fiction fan pretty much since I first saw Star Wars, and becoming steadily more entrenched in science fiction since.
That was how it was for me. I was like 5 or 6 when I first saw Star Wars. Cool!

I was a big Star Wars fan when I was younger, not so much anymore although I still try to keep up with the Expanded Universe novels. Never got into Star Trek at all though!
I was a major star wars fan as a kid and through my early teens. I collected just about everything nad had it displaced on my walls, lol. But by 17, I kind of calmed down. I still like Star Wars, just not obsessed about it as I once was, lol.

I was never able to get into star trek either. It was ok, but just, something about it. Although, I did like the first 2 star trek movies with patric stewart, lol.

Cool! Found some scifi fans here!

·
Banned
776 Posts
I see from your profile you like the Dune series - do you like the new books by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson at all? I thought they were absolutely terrible :?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I see from your profile you like the Dune series - do you like the new books by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson at all? I thought they were absolutely terrible :?
God no! Though I've read most of them. :eek:ops I just hope the new movie is well done.

I watch just about everything.
My favorite authors are Frank Herbert, Stephen Baxter, Isaac Asimov. And I like Star Wars and Warhammer 40,000 books.

·
Banned
776 Posts
God no! Though I've read most of them. :eek:ops
Same here unfortunately. I would have stopped after the first one but I don't like leaving a series unfinished no matter how bad it is. However, after Sandworms of Dune, I'm done with that pair of idiots. I don't care how many more they churn out, I'm not buying any of them!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm only on the 3rd book in the series: Children of Dune.

I'll let you know what I think when I get to the ones by brian herbert and kevin j anderson.

·
P4
1,238 Posts
Yay! a Red Dwarf mention. Did you see the new mini-series 'Back to Earth' at all? The same channel is putting out a new full series of RD some time in the future too.
Oh really? I hope so, but I think they'd skip season 9 and 10 :/
I saw back to earth, it's okay... but not as good as a full season. :yes

1 - 20 of 60 Posts