Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh, the end of the Summer always feels like the end of the world to me. Not that school is necessarily hard, just so stressful. Going to be time to find lab partners, and first day of class ice breakers, and presentations, and required participation again...yay. If it was just the work, just the exams, just the papers I could do it easily. But it's not.

I can feel it creeping up every year. It feels like a sickness deep in the pit of my stomach. My heart skips a beat every time I start to think about it.

Okay this happens every year, but to make things worse I'm moving in with 2 guys I barely know. They're pretty cool guys but they don't known me like my old friends/roommates did. I have no idea what to say to them or how they'll react to certain things or their sense of humor or whether or not they really like me.

This is the worst time of year for me. During Summer it seems so far away. Oh it's still a month away...still 2 weeks away...still got all week...and now it's here. I have to go up tomorrow. :|

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm in same situation. Well I still live in my home with parents. I know exactly how it feels like to start thinking about school like that. The only thing that makes me happier is the fact that it will all be over in someday (2 years for me). "The way out is through"

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
At least Gr. 9 is over. I remember the dawn of Gr. 9 last year... the night before I fell asleep while watching My Fair Lady just to try and take my mind off things. It didn't work. I was so nervous. I made it through though. This year is a little different. I'm really not nervous at all. I've seen it all before... same scene. I'm ignored by my peers- which I'm grateful for.

It's just the obnoxious people. I really hope people leave me alone and don't pick on me for no apparent reason other than my being an easy target. I don't stick up for myself. I hate school. I just want to fade into the background until I get the hell out of there and get on with my life. It's the day after tomorrow- I can't believe it!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yeah, I hate this time of year. Its my senior year of high school though, and I only have to go 5-6 periods per day as opposed to 9. I'm still taking some pretty hardcore classes, but I won't have to worry about who to sit with at lunch or have all these studyhalls as fillers. Also, I won't have to be there until 10am, so maybe I can actually sleep a little!

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
I would always feel sick in the morning when I was in high school. Sometimes I would throw up. Just another incentive to skip class, I guess.

·
Coffee me.
444 Posts
I also hate all of August, the dread continuously mounts as the days pass. Very depressing time of year. Luckily this should be my last year of university....after taking about 6 years to complete a 4 year degree...ugh.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The start of school for me was awful. I mean, just walking into the classroom and feeling as if everyone's eyes are on you and judging everything you do or don't say. But once I got over my initial anxiety, I decided to step outside myself. I realized that I liked my teachers, and that a few of my really close friends were in my classes. If you're struggling with going to school the next day, look forward to the small things. Look forward to being with one of your best friends. Don't worry about the interactions to come. Anxiety about the future keeps us from becoming who we want to be.

·
o_O
6,024 Posts
Uggh, I'm in the same boat. The work, as much as I hate it, I can handle. But not the pressure of having to interact with these people again and having to struggle with getting people to work with me on projects and making conversation etc,. I'm constantly stressed out and it kinda feels like I'm living in a nightmare, as opposed to the nice vacation time I had in the summer, where it was just me and I didn't have to worry about interacting with people and stressing over what others will think of me the entire time. I swear, if it was up to me, I ought to stay locked up in a room and do all my year's worth of school work on my own, stress free, with no people around, except for myself. It's a nice fantasy I suppose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts