Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Your Average Unicorn
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/schizophrenia.htm

I scored 39 and to be honest I suspect I may be developing it. Then again, most schizophrenics don't realise their thoughts are delusional. And I kind of do to a certain extent. Well, I believe in them, but I believe others would see them as delusions.

·
No flex zone
2,333 Posts
I got 0.

"You scored a total of 0

You have answered this schizophrenia screening in such a way as to suggest that you are not likely currently suffering from schizophrenia or a schizophrenia-related disorder."

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
If you think you might have symptoms then I would advise speaking to someone before it does manifest to something larger!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I didn't take the test because half the questions could just as well have been in a "do you have social anxiety?" test. I tend to think most online tests like this are inane though. The only thing they can do is enlighten you on some symptoms you have, but mental disorders overlap so much that a test for a particular mental disorder (or as I call them, mental traits) only perpetuates the feeling for a need for a label on their 'disorder'.

If you score high, you shouldn't just say "I scored X on a schizophrenia test", but "I ranked these answers high".

·
ENTP with SA...How?
2,418 Posts

It must be interesting to have schizophrenia....Then again, how do any of us dont know we have it? We could be schizophrenic right now and be creating this reality, not even knowing it.

·
indecisive piece of ****
634 Posts
0, whew.

^ I get what you're trying to say, that's a good way of putting it.

·
Your Average Unicorn
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't take the test because half the questions could just as well have been in a "do you have social anxiety?" test. I tend to think most online tests like this are inane though. The only thing they can do is enlighten you on some symptoms you have, but mental disorders overlap so much that a test for a particular mental disorder (or as I call them, mental traits) only perpetuates the feeling for a need for a label on their 'disorder'.

If you score high, you shouldn't just say "I scored X on a schizophrenia test", but "I ranked these answers high".
For many mental disorders, I would agree with what you said. But I think, for example, undiagnosed depression or SAD would be much less of an issue than undiagnosed schizophrenia. The symptoms have developed quite quickly over several months. And although it isn't too disruptive at the moment, it can be terrifying. I wouldn't like to say if I actually have schizophrenia, mainly because it's one of those disorders that if you think you have it, you don't.

By the way, I would only say that possibly one or two of the questions on the test would relate to SA.

·
is trying.
714 Posts
I got a 4. I'm aware that the things in my head are my own business for the most part, and I know it's me I'm talking to.

·
Temporarily stationary
1,486 Posts
A 2.

I took a bunch of other tests and I apparently have ADD, anxiety (duh), possible autism/aspergers (30), likely bipolar, severe depression (duh), OCD is likely, and I should be in therapy (duh).

I'm not very confident in these tests, though. :p At least they mention they are just for screening purposes.

·
♥
681 Posts
I scored a 0. One less thing to be nervous about. :boogie
(Ever since I first learned about schizophrenia I've been terrified of getting it.)

·
Banned
8,760 Posts
damn I scored a 39
Thats...kind of scary

·
Registered
219 Posts
I scored a 2. There is a much better test out there, I'm going to post a link later. It's a test for a prodrome which should be more revelant to us. Because I don't think if you're schizophrenic already you would even worry about it and take this test.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts