Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Hot or not

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Daydreaming
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you want them on yourself? You're lover? Or are they just plain gross?

Personally I love 'em and I kinda get sad when one fades. :roll

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Of course. Chicks dig scars.

They don't really turn me off or on. They can be intriguing though if they've got a cool story behind them, and even complimentary. Look at Tina Fey, for example.

·
SAS Member
31,297 Posts
I'm still waiting to see someone with a scar going vertically above and below their eye and they're also some kind of badass like you see portrayed in movies or cartoons, lol.

I think some scars are cool. Others make think that it must've been pretty painful when they got it.

·
Daydreaming
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm still waiting to see someone with a scar going vertically above and below their eye...
My sisters got a (very faded) scar like that. She was climbing a tree and fell.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
I think scars can be very cool. Of course some are going to be ugly but most of the time I like them.

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
I wouldn't consider them attractive, but they aren't something that would turn me off either. My hands and forearms are covered with them from work injuries over the years. I remember how some of them happened, some I don't.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I'm still waiting to see someone with a scar going vertically above and below their eye
I almost had one like that and it also involved a tree. Except mine was a stupid pony that ducked under a tree branch and wiped me out. Much black eye, swelling, and a scrape that ended up healing without a scar. I had a zig zag one across my nose that also went away. I wanted to keep that one. Not that I don't have plenty of others in less obvious places. My entire left arm was covered in lines from sliding with my bike on gravel. They've shrunk down to mostly within 4" of my elbow. Other than that I mostly just have little lines especially along joints from where knives, barb wire, or broken gate panels came to a stop. I suppose it's good I heal well from scars or they'd be a lot more noticeable. I usually have to point them out before anyone notices.

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
I don't really mind them, I have a few from when I was younger.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Do you want them on yourself? You're lover? Or are they just plain gross?

Personally I love 'em and I kinda get sad when one fades. :roll
scars don't fade away, i think your talking about cuts. real scars are more deep and become hard tissue to some extent, depend how bad. I have one on my finger from bashing it some years ago, the skin kind of heals not so perfectly and you get a lumpy hard area where its at. The thing about it is that its not comfortable to have because if i pressed against it, it still hurt a little many months after it healed, it doesn't hurt now but still your better off without it.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Scars will fade depending on the location of the body, age when it happened, and type of scar. The older the scar I have the more it's shrank and faded over the years. Even extremely deep ones. I have one where a piece of metal used the bone in my knee as a guide and cut a couple inches into my leg for about 2". It was 2" long for many many years but I recieved the injury so long ago that after various growth spurts the scar is actually 3" below the bone it followed. Today it's less than 1" long and more of a little crescent shape part way down my leg than the giant white band that was across my knee as a kid. I think I mentioned the ones going down my forearm. They were solid grooves and ridges from wrist to elbow for at least 2years. 10years later though they are only several inches from my elbow and none even reach halfway up my forearm. Those are obvious, deep injuries that remained for years before fading a lot so you can't say they aren't scars or weren't severe enough.

If we want to get more technical hypertrophic (raised) scars and striae (stretch marks) are the most likely types of scars to fade over time. Scars where the body used the minimal amount of the toughest type (there are 29types) of collagen needed to close the wound will probably not fade and if your body is not good at using and getting rid of collagen none of your scars will probably fade. The older you get the more true that is likely to be.

·
Banned
850 Posts
scars of any kind dont bug me at all. id prefer a girl with a big scar on her face and proud of it over a girl thats worried about her appearance all the time.

·
She-Wolf
5,984 Posts
Scars will fade depending on the location of the body, age when it happened, and type of scar. The older the scar I have the more it's shrank and faded over the years. Even extremely deep ones. I have one where a piece of metal used the bone in my knee as a guide and cut a couple inches into my leg for about 2". It was 2" long for many many years but I recieved the injury so long ago that after various growth spurts the scar is actually 3" below the bone it followed. Today it's less than 1" long and more of a little crescent shape part way down my leg than the giant white band that was across my knee as a kid. I think I mentioned the ones going down my forearm. They were solid grooves and ridges from wrist to elbow for at least 2years. 10years later though they are only several inches from my elbow and none even reach halfway up my forearm. Those are obvious, deep injuries that remained for years before fading a lot so you can't say they aren't scars or weren't severe enough.

If we want to get more technical hypertrophic (raised) scars and striae (stretch marks) are the most likely types of scars to fade over time. Scars where the body used the minimal amount of the toughest type (there are 29types) of collagen needed to close the wound will probably not fade and if your body is not good at using and getting rid of collagen none of your scars will probably fade. The older you get the more true that is likely to be.
thats interesting, i would have thought hypertrophic raised scars would be some of the least likely to fade. out of all of the scars i have those have barely faded, if at all, and still the most prominent.
a lot of the scars i had before age 16 are faded (then again others are sort of covering them).. since then i've barely grown at all. i don't know if i'll go through another growth spurt since i'm around or past the age when females have fully developed physically.

·
Registered
154,231 Posts
Depands on who and where they are. If she had one, I'd kiss it and make it all better ;). :lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.