Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The baddest in the game
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So next month I am turning 20 and to be honest it is really scary. I feel a bit old now and not really young anymore. Where have my teen years gone? I can no longer be a teenager and that makes me sad. I wish I could just pull an Edward Cullen and be 17 forever. I see a lot of people who are younger than me and I just feel really old and as if I looked better when I was 17 than I do now. Thinking of myself as having been on this earth for 20 years just seems crazy. Is anyone else scared of their future birthdays? What are your thoughts on this?

·
Dancing on my own
1,665 Posts
The teen years suck for most people. My teens were nothing special so I look at my 20's as "the best is yet to come". :)

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
Gets worse when you turn 30 and you realize that what was supposed the best decade of your life has been wasted.

·
Custom User Title
4,231 Posts
It honestly means very little, wait until you're 70 & just be happy that you're alive at all.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I know what you mean, my 21st is next week and I can't believe how fast all of this has happened. If you had told me that I was going to feel old at this age I would have tried to enjoy the last couple of years a bit more. Just try to enjoy the next few as best you can, you don't know what you might regret missing out on.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
You serious ?
Teenage years are the worst years that you have to endure
YES! Being 90 and ****ting yourself is less painful then voice cracks, pimples, body change and H/S

·
Denizen of the Night
230 Posts
I turned 20 last month and was like, "wtf happened?" Didn't I just graduate high school a couple days ago? I felt, and stiil do feel, like I haven't accomplished much of anything for having been around for 20 years. I have no direction. I didn't do the whole high school dating/partying thing. Didn't do it during first year of college either. I left my first college because I dug myself a massive hole of a GPA because I didn't put out any effort. High school was so easy for me that I don't know what effort is. I was basically guaranteed a very lucrative career if I graduated from that school but threw it away and ended up with complete uncertainty about the future.

The only positive thing I have going for me right now is that my dad is a farmer, so I can always fall back on that if college doesn't pan out. Luckily I enjoy farming for the most part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts