Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone jokes about ending up as that crazy cat lady who's a complete spinster and never had a relationship or kids and just sort of faded away into total obscurity. But is anyone else scared as heck of this being a reality. I've already noticed people my age being in serious long term relationships and even already have a few kids and me well I still feel like I'm a 18 year old stuck in a nearly 25 year old body. Please tell me other people are scared of this happening! Or any advice from fellow crazy cat ladies maybe it's not that bad lol. Ps. I actually don't have any cats, maybe that's a step in the right direction :p

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
As a 32 year old male, I can somewhat relate to some feelings about that. I don't think it's of a equal magnitude as having this 'biological clock' ticking inside.. But i've seen women do some drastic things to make sure they don't wind up that way. Once in a while falling through in devastating ways.. Sorry if that wasn't very helpful..

But I think the best thing to do is continue to try to be the best version of yourself.. I think seven billion people is enough. Also, vicariously living through your childrens achievements is a form of child abuse. Children just happen. They should not be an accessory.

·
Banned
2,086 Posts
I feed a feral one-eyed cat, he's an okay cat, I call him Jack. I need to build him a tiny house. I used to have house cats a long time ago.

It's hard making friends. But some cats are friendly. Jack likes to rub up against my legs. PUSA has song called "Kitty" that's pretty cool. :)

·
moth
1,264 Posts
I'd like to have kids someday but I know that it may never happen.

I'm scared that I may never have a family of my own. But that's selfish. When I realise how selfish this is, and remember that there are so many kids in the world that need care and love and attention, then I feel it's ok if I don't have kids. Kids don't forget someone who was kind and a role model to them, no matter their biological relationship and mo matter whether they live under the same roof.

Honestly, I think it's more possible for me having a lover and volunteering with kids at my 40ies, than having the whole proper family thing. It's not necessarily what I dream of, but I know that it's the most possible of all.

·
Is that what day it is?
8,074 Posts
Move in with me, you can be my crazy cat lady. I have a cat already for you to be crazy with and knock things off shelves with at night.

·
PreciousGleamingMcNugget
5,593 Posts
i am honestly scared i'll never get to be a crazy cat lady.

·
Whalien Whalien
590 Posts
It's not that bad.

At least you won't have to google cat pictures! :)

·
happy i dodged a bullet
5,347 Posts
Yes, most people feel this way. Are you scared of being judged as a crazy cat lady or scared of being alone?
I'm afraid of both... I understand her ... :-\ I really hope after I finish college, I'll find the right guy.

·
happy i dodged a bullet
5,347 Posts

·
Banned
8,418 Posts
Dad says he hates cats. My yard cats like me. River is really good for feeding geese & ducks. I like to watch them battling for it

·
o_O
6,024 Posts
This used to only be a distant possibility for me until about a year ago when I started to feed, and take in a stray cat that hangs out on my property. I am now obsessed with cats. And so it begins.

·
SAS Member
4,244 Posts
I don't know about crazy cat ladies, I saw a women walking with 5 dogs a few weeks ago, I felt like saying "Are you the crazy dog lady?" but I thought she make take it the wrong way, so of course I said nothing

·
SUS Member
10,548 Posts
I'm just scared of being a crazy cat lady who doesn't use the opportunity to breed a superior kind of urban predator.

I'm still working out the details, but I'm optimistic about the fire-breathing. It's the wings that I'm worried about. I mean, what good is a fire-breathing cat that can't fly?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts