Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone i just wanted to mention this is my first time posting, i just made an account right now! i've known of this website from a while back, since i would always run into it when i would google things about anxiety and depression just because i felt that i had anxiety. i'm still not 100 percent sure if i have anxiety, but i think ill be seens a therapist soon. So back to the point!

its my friend's 15th birthday dinner tommorow :idea and well im kinda excited but i feel more so nervous. My friend really wants me go and i don't plan on bailing because i want to be there for her. her actual bday is in july but she did it early so i would be able to go since i leave for mexico for the summer. The reason i feel anxious is because there is going to be people that i dont really know and im just really really scared of being left out and lonely which is bound to happen! Most of the people that i don't know are guys and im a girl, and i have noted that i am especially anxious when talking to guys which i know is normal, but its like kind extreme for me... sometimes i get jealous of my friend because she actually talks to boys and also my other friends do too, and i just feel kind of left out of that.... i'm just so exhausted of being seen as less and i think i am beginning to develop social anxiety because every time i would try to talk to people, sometimes they would ignore me and listen to someone else, or sometimes not even answer me, and i think this has really dragged my confidence down a lot. pleasee help me :|:|:|

·
Lost in time
86 Posts
Hello WerkIt *waves*
I too came from google :)

Now about your friend, go and try your best. I lost a few friends cause of my absences. Boys are just humans with a different anatomy. Now being able to talk to others is an art, some are talented, for the most part you need to practice. Which many people don't do >.> Hey, you're not alone on losing peoples attention. Good luck tomorrow!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, WerktIt! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts