Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I`ve been battling various demons my whole life. Tonight has been a particularly bad night and after a vicious breakdown and searching google for help-lines, I came across this site and social anxiety is where it all began. From about 8 years old on, I was afraid of what people were thinking of me. I couldn`t look anyone in the eye for more than 2 seconds. Wasn`t allowed to fail in the eyes of my mom,therefore, I couldn`t fail in any aspect of my life. As a teenager, I was depressed, violent towards inanimate objects (furniture), harming myself. I have now been on Cipralex for a year but it doesn`t hp as much as I would like. My anxiety isn`t quite as bad as I am capable of thinking more rationally but I`m still extremely sensitive about my physical appearance and how people may be viewing me. I still avoid social situations where I will be forced to interact with strangers (ie weddings) and I get claustrophobic in large groups. The only time I`m comfortable around strangers are in my "safe" zones like home and work. I also have minor OCD and suffer from seasonal affective disorder. Basically, one giant basketcase. It`s my biggest fear that my kids will turn out like me. I watch my 5 year old daughter in awe as she socializes confidantly with anyone. Anyway, I apologize for the novel but I did condense it. I`m hoping this forum will become an outlet for me as I have many friends but no one I see regularly and certainly nobody I can talk to.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Hi there

I've been battling demons too, Oooo boy they can't stay in hell can they? This is what? The 6th time I had to close the gates of hell?

Annnnnyway welcome to the social ship, don't mind the sexual repressed stories here, I tell them to hire hookers.

Not socializing alot? Talking is easy, I do it all the time, including the times I would embarrass myself but not give a damn. It's to hear your daughter is talking to others, your kids will turn out fine.

Worry about physical appearance? Hey that means you must work out a lot, a plus in my book. I'm attracted to women to workout, with their sexy muscles and stomach.
About feeling violent and hurting the poor inanimate objects, heres what you should do: Buy a punching bag, everytime you feel frustrated, give it a few punches, that'll relieve some of the tension.

Well good luck! Hope everything turns out alright, not for me if those damn demons keep popping out. I think I'll invest in a Humvee or mrap that the government loves to give away to local police.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello all. I`ve been battling various demons my whole life. Tonight has been a particularly bad night and after a vicious breakdown and searching google for help-lines, I came across this site and social anxiety is where it all began. From about 8 years old on, I was afraid of what people were thinking of me. I couldn`t look anyone in the eye for more than 2 seconds. Wasn`t allowed to fail in the eyes of my mom,therefore, I couldn`t fail in any aspect of my life. As a teenager, I was depressed, violent towards inanimate objects (furniture), harming myself. I have now been on Cipralex for a year but it doesn`t hp as much as I would like. My anxiety isn`t quite as bad as I am capable of thinking more rationally but I`m still extremely sensitive about my physical appearance and how people may be viewing me. I still avoid social situations where I will be forced to interact with strangers (ie weddings) and I get claustrophobic in large groups. The only time I`m comfortable around strangers are in my "safe" zones like home and work. I also have minor OCD and suffer from seasonal affective disorder. Basically, one giant basketcase. It`s my biggest fear that my kids will turn out like me. I watch my 5 year old daughter in awe as she socializes confidantly with anyone. Anyway, I apologize for the novel but I did condense it. I`m hoping this forum will become an outlet for me as I have many friends but no one I see regularly and certainly nobody I can talk to.
Hey Stephanie

Just wanted to say welcome and sorry you're going through all that. I'm going through some hard relationship stuff too. But don't give up hope. Everything is going to turn out alright, remember that this too shall pass. And sounds like your daughter already has the social thing down and that's a great thing.

Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Stephanie242! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts