Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I really don't understand why your doctor/Pdoc prescribed you Abilify, it has no use in the treatment of depression or SA. Combining Celexa with Milnacipran (Savella) also doesn't make too much sense as Savella inhibits serotonin reuptake as Celexa does, so one could substitute the Celexa with an equivalent dose of Savella.

Nevertheless Savella can work really good in cases of depression where people have very low energy (and somatic symptoms/pain). I'm sorry to say that in my opinion it's not a good choice for people who have anxiety, because of all the norepinephrine it could make the SA even worse.

But of course that must not be the case. I wish you good luck and hope you improve.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Here in the US Abilify is being heavily marketed in TV ads as a way to augment SSRIs that have failed to fully relieve depression symptoms.
Might cost the manufacturer some 100 million dollars if the FDA decides they have no right to market this med that way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.