Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone has any advice on quitting this forum. I can't just do it cold turkey.........Does anyone have like a withdrawal program I could follow which would minimise the pain?

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
If you guys are out, I'm out too. I took about 3 months off this place earlier this year by being busy with work and another family crisis, so this place was easy to be off for those 3 months. Everytime I drink too much and hate work again, I'm back on here again.

Eventually, I think one or more of us will not be here anymore sadly. I have a little bit of separation anxiety due to family homeless issues.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I only quit visiting sites like this when I have another one to go to. I was on my last message board for five years. Jesus. And I still check it a few times a day. WTF. This forum is much more addictive because of the interactive features.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
If find the best way to rid yourself of an addiction is take up another in its place. I recommend smoking. I don't indulge in the habit myself, but it looks pretty cool and you always have something to do.

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
If find the best way to rid yourself of an addiction is take up another in its place. I recommend smoking. I don't indulge in the habit myself, but it looks pretty cool and you always have something to do.
I'm actually diagnosed with COPD that used to be considered asthma/allergies, so I can't go back to smoking.

I'm thinking of only replying to PMs and positing visitor messages on my profile from now on.

Told myself I was going to do that since March 2011, but like Double Indemnity said, the interactive features of this site makes it hard to stick to it.

I think I'm finally going to stick to that for real...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Two options:
1. Find a new addiction - Either another forum, or another activity altogether like video games.
2. Get a life - by this I mean immerse yourself in work or social/family activities, or pretty much anything that involves leaving the house.

·
Regretful still.
1,595 Posts
Find something else to do. Then you won't have time to be here.

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1000 posts or Christmas Day 2011...................whichever comes second.
That's my goal.
then sayonara ...austa la vegemite vista baby!!

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aren't most people on here cause they are lonely and bored? If you fix those two problems...
Laziness is closer to the mark in my case.
I've got a guitar in there that needs practising, books that need reading and a garden that needs renovating. Pro...cra....sti....na.....tion!

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
7 self - bans later and I am no longer addicted ish cut back from 19 hours a day till like 4-5 hours a day ish.
thanks ventura...my self-esteem is gradually getting back to record highs!

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You must be the first person that ever has or your sense of humour is more cracked than mine!

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK humourless..this is what you need to do.....

first week.....limit yourself to 10 posts a day...and they must be quality posts.....no posting in the Frustration threads ..OK?

2nd week......5 posts a day.....but only in Science and Technology...tough I know!

3rd week.......1 post a day..(only in Over 30's threads).and 2 visitor messages allowed...none to strangers

4th week.....you are nearly there.....1 quality post a week!...oh and 1 PM if you are really really shaking in the hands.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts