Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Social Anxiety Support was down for almost 6 hours from 2am to 8am PDT.

The downtime was due to repairing corruption in the post database table. The corruption was an unintended resulted from a change that was made on the database. It took so long because of the fact that the post table is over 1 million posts

Everything should be back to normal. Let me know if anything seems out of the ordinary, whether that's reading threads or searching.

Thanks for your understanding. :)
Drew

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course! I apologize for the downtime.

Also, I'd like to let everyone know that we do have daily backups for the previous week if something like this ever happens and we are unable to fix it.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm still noticing some database errors when people are trying to edit their posts.

If you're reading this, could you try going and editing one of your posts (even if you just add a period or a dash to the end of the post) and let me know if you saw any error.

Thanks!

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The problem has been fixed as far as I can tell. Please let me know if you see any other database errors when trying to edit posts.

Thanks for your patience. :)

(test edit)

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm still noticing some database errors when people are trying to edit their posts.

If you're reading this, could you try going and editing one of your posts (even if you just add a period or a dash to the end of the post) and let me know if you saw any error.

Thanks!
Thanks for the post. I was wondering what happened. Thought it might be my computer again. Oh, and I was able to edit my post. :)

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the post. I was wondering what happened. Thought it might be my computer again. Oh, and I was able to edit my post. :)
Thanks for letting me know! :)

And definitely let me know if you ever have any problems again editing a post. I know how to fix the issue now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts