Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Loading status...
237 Posts
When I joined it was instant. I don't think there is any actual screening. There are probably a couple of questions they require you to answer but I think it's just to encourage you to introduce yourself. Brief one sentence answers that don't reveal anything personal should be fine.

In fact a brief search shows the last person to have joined answered the questions as follows:

So I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Ok. Just sent in mines!

·
Powering through.
1,799 Posts
If I'm mistaken, the group at meetup.com, it says you have to PAY for the meetups...

Check this thread if your interested in hanging out minus an admission fee
http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f15/sf-bay-area-158537/
You're somewhat mistaken. The group on meetup has professional paid therapy sessions listed as well as nonprofessional, member created meetings. Sometimes its requested to a contribute around six dollars to split the price for reserving a library room for the nonprofessional meetings.

·
Registered
834 Posts
You're somewhat mistaken. The group on meetup has professional paid therapy sessions listed as well as nonprofessional, member created meetings. Sometimes its requested to a contribute around six dollars to split the price for reserving a library room for the nonprofessional meetings.
Oh Okay that's good to know. Right now I'm more interested in just a get together/hang out rather then a therapy session, but I'm open to either

·
Registered
5 Posts
May 5th meetup?

Just wondering, how would the meet up go? we meet up, introduce each other, then what? I might just leave if it gets too awkward for me...

Anyways, I think the exploratorium is a good idea. They have an after dark event coming up May 5th.

http://www.exploratorium.edu/afterdark/afterdark-theworldofyoursense

"...include a cash bar and film screenings, plus an opportunity to play with our hundreds of hands-on exhibits."

I've been wanting to check one of these out. If enough of us are willing, lets do a meet up there on May 5th, sounds fun.

-slimm

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm down for a sa meetup in the sf/bay area. I was wondering if anyone was interested in co leading a regular meetup group for people with anxiety. I'm not 100% sure if I have enough ideas to get this going but if someone else would help me I can see it happening. Please pm me if you wanna talk.

·
Powering through.
1,799 Posts
Just wondering, how would the meet up go? we meet up, introduce each other, then what? I might just leave if it gets too awkward for me...

Anyways, I think the exploratorium is a good idea. They have an after dark event coming up May 5th.

http://www.exploratorium.edu/afterdark/afterdark-theworldofyoursense

"...include a cash bar and film screenings, plus an opportunity to play with our hundreds of hands-on exhibits."

I've been wanting to check one of these out. If enough of us are willing, lets do a meet up there on May 5th, sounds fun.

-slimm
Looks like May 3?

·
Registered
2 Posts
SF Bay Area teens with Social Anxiety

Hi, I am a mother of 16 yrs old boy who is suffering from Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD). I would love to be connected with moms who has teens with SAD to organize social events, potluck, movie outing, bike ride and play sports etc. to do them with our teens and bring them together.

These teens with Social Anxiety Disorder need friends and support group. Anyone interested in forming group therapy (CBT), weekend activity partners/friends and outdoor activity group? Let's get start organizing get together/group for our teens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Labor day weekend..its nice weather..out but still..i stay away from the sun...im on soc sec..so im broke untill..after the labor day fun is done..i dont work.anymore is this holiday for people who still work..or can any ex laborer allowed to join the festivities..i probably wont show..but..its nice to be invited..but i guess..some one with my condition doesnt deserve to be there?..so..another weekend..alone...i guess ill grind on my toons...come on level 50...

21 - 40 of 65 Posts