Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I'm brand new to this form; this is my first post. I recently discovered this forum and was lurking on some of the posts, but I decided to create an account and start a new post. I'm sixteen right now, and looking back, my social life has been pretty sad. Most people in my school are the "cool, handsome but insanely smart and social" types. They fit your typical good-looking Asian category but are insanely smart. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. I don't really consider myself ugly, but I wouldn't put myself up there with those people. My grades are very excellent when compared to the rest of the nation, but I do not rank higher than an idiot in my school. So, yeah, it gets really depressing to see so many people excel in everything (everyone I know study extremely well and play at least one sport competitively). They have an massive social circle and are very socially active. I, on the other hand, have few friends. Truth be told, I can't really classify anyone as a "close friend." Beyond that, I'm average in my school in academics and do not play any sports at all. It just gets so frustrating after a while. My routine is: wake up, go to school, stay for some after school clubs, come home, sleep, repeat. I have a phone but I rarely use it. In fact, my mom uses it as an mp3 player more than I use it as a phone. Well, it's just my two cents on this matter. If you're still reading, thank you. I just needed to vent this out since my parents don't really understand this. Thanks again.

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
Starting thinking about being a subject matter expert. I'm somewhat monomaniacal in this. It will draw people to you in college and later life. Some people call it "saving graces", which work attendance is not one of mine. I really better log off and go to work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.