Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding The Prayer of Salvation. I joined in a prayer of salvation to pray for my friend. Afterwards, they talked about how I accepted Jesus as my lord and savior. I didn't really say anything afterwards. I made my reservations known, although not strongly enough that I didn't want to commit to anything before the prayer. They went on how I should just jump in then basically it happened. In the prayer itself, I had a transcendental experience like I touched from the sky, like I tapped into a different channel of spirituality energy. When you grabs hands in prayer and pray together, I never imagined it could feel that powerful. The grief I felt dissipated in a noticeable way. What I felt in that moment was genuine.

However, I don't think I can be "all in." It definitely opened up my mind. When I was younger, I would have never considered becoming a Christian, even loathed it. But all it takes is one event to have my mind open up to it. 1 Corinthians 13 hit me pretty hard, really got to me. However I don't want to lie and misrepresent myself. I definitely believe in god and I also believe that every religion, unorganized groups and individuals offer different methods to connect with the spirit world and tap into the energy. I also know I would commit a lot of sins, I can't even trust myself to put forth a commitment.

But I want to read and learn about it. Attend, listen and join in prayer. But the way they made me feel that I had to accept Jesus as my only lord and savior. Just because I'm spiritual, have a Buddhist background, practice yoga, took certain things, I know to some degree how to meditate, to pray, to enter the edge of the spirit world and connect to various energies. But I don't want to do it at the cost where I'd deceive others because I want to learn more. I already felt bad I engaged in that prayer when I had reservations. But I did what my friend suggested to me and went with an open mind. That I don't feel bad about because during the prayer, I felt his energy and he was at peace.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
So you said the prayer of salvation? Congratulations. :)

That's about finding peace with God by changing whatever you feel you need to do as also is in the New Testament. Changing your values and goals and giving up bitterness of the past, you can because spiritual laws activated mean that you have new "karma" from God's promises so to speak with your new spirit and new actions, and you don't need to be bitter anymore as new things can come from other sources that God will give you. Repentance of sins is of things that have or are taking life away from you in all ways dragging down the spirit. For some people this is easy and others it is hard. They know they have things in their life that is draining them but they have problems with it. It's a process and a journey.

I would suggest you trying out Vineyard churches. They are into mind renewal of affirmations that is extremely practical and enjoyable and healing and motivating, casual dress, modern worship, and the mental and physical powers that are in the New Testament are embraced, and helping others such as the homeless directly is obviously good.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I have a question regarding The Prayer of Salvation. I joined in a prayer of salvation to pray for my friend. Afterwards, they talked about how I accepted Jesus as my lord and savior. I didn't really say anything afterwards. I made my reservations known, although not strongly enough that I didn't want to commit to anything before the prayer. They went on how I should just jump in then basically it happened. In the prayer itself, I had a transcendental experience like I touched from the sky, like I tapped into a different channel of spirituality energy. When you grabs hands in prayer and pray together, I never imagined it could feel that powerful. The grief I felt dissipated in a noticeable way. What I felt in that moment was genuine.

However, I don't think I can be "all in." It definitely opened up my mind. When I was younger, I would have never considered becoming a Christian, even loathed it. But all it takes is one event to have my mind open up to it. 1 Corinthians 13 hit me pretty hard, really got to me. However I don't want to lie and misrepresent myself. I definitely believe in god and I also believe that every religion, unorganized groups and individuals offer different methods to connect with the spirit world and tap into the energy. I also know I would commit a lot of sins, I can't even trust myself to put forth a commitment.

But I want to read and learn about it. Attend, listen and join in prayer. But the way they made me feel that I had to accept Jesus as my only lord and savior. Just because I'm spiritual, have a Buddhist background, practice yoga, took certain things, I know to some degree how to meditate, to pray, to enter the edge of the spirit world and connect to various energies. But I don't want to do it at the cost where I'd deceive others because I want to learn more. I already felt bad I engaged in that prayer when I had reservations. But I did what my friend suggested to me and went with an open mind. That I don't feel bad about because during the prayer, I felt his energy and he was at peace.
So you said the prayer of salvation? Congratulations. :)

That's about finding peace with God by changing whatever you feel you need to do as also is in the New Testament. Changing your values and goals and giving up bitterness of the past, you can because spiritual laws activated mean that you have new "karma" from God's promises so to speak with your new spirit and new actions, and you don't need to be bitter anymore as new things can come from other sources that God will give you. Repentance of sins is of things that have or are taking life away from you in all ways dragging down the spirit. For some people this is easy and others it is hard. They know they have things in their life that is draining them but they have problems with it. It's a process and a journey.

I would suggest you trying out Vineyard churches although they are all different. They are usually into the following: into mind renewal of affirmations that is extremely practical and enjoyable and healing and motivating, casual dress, modern worship, and the mental and physical powers that are in the New Testament are embraced, prayer after services, fellowship of food and drink often free after services, and helping others such as the homeless directly is obviously good. A modern laid back friendly place...look for that.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. I definitely believe in god now. Ever since my friend died, the presence is too real to ignore. What occurred during the past weeks was nothing short of a spiritual awakening. At the church, I felt his presence, it was overwhelming. I know it sounds crazy. I don't want it to slip. I just have reservations. How would you know if a church is a vineyard and is it available in all denominations?

I know what you mean by the source. If you told me this a month ago I would've thought you were crazy. But now, this is what I was afraid of. I can't figure out how to truly repent. I'm just confused because I feel like such a hypocrite. How can I believe in god if I continue to sin?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Yes. I definitely believe in god now. Ever since my friend died, the presence is too real to ignore. What occurred during the past weeks was nothing short of a spiritual awakening. At the church, I felt his presence, it was overwhelming. I know it sounds crazy. I don't want it to slip. I just have reservations. How would you know if a church is a vineyard and is it available in all denominations?

I know what you mean by the source. If you told me this a month ago I would've thought you were crazy. But now, this is what I was afraid of. I can't figure out how to truly repent. I'm just confused because I feel like such a hypocrite. How can I believe in god if I continue to sin?
http://www.vineyardusa.org/site/churchsites/search/map?church_search_key=Virginia It's a denomination but so is Assembly of God and there are nondenominational churches.

I'm sorry your friend died! :( As I wrote in another post here, there is a group in churches called GriefShare. http://www.griefshare.org/about

Repentance is a change of heart and values. A change of mind on specific subjects of your life. Think of dividing your life into subjects and then think of your values and goals for them. Start the day with this knowledge of wanting to do what is good with a good attitude. Then carry it through the day with prayer and selftalk. In the evening evaluate yourself of what right and wrong and could improve. Read the 4 gospels and compare them. We do our best and then evaluate celebrate some things and repent for others and try again. Its a battle. I am learning to pray with spiritual warfare.. Joel Osteen helped me understand.

http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/ChristianCourses/index.aspx

They have some good resources. Also the prayer line 1800 759 0700 for counseling

A men's group in a church would be a good place to connect with other people to mentor you informally.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Come again? A little more coherent this time, kthx.
It's essentially the reason I was spiritually open to Christianity. Not long before he died, he suggested that I go to church, get more spirituality in my life. When someone you love passes away, a lot of these messages hit you. Of course you aren't going to get it.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Come again? A little more coherent this time, kthx.
All you can say is Lul to someone who is grieving and jarred and wants peace. It sounds like you are being mocking and flip.

Its quite scary reality that we are in. This world is a type of weird place in many ways. Many things are hidden and unseen that exist. Many mysteries. We see the tip of the iceberg with human eyes only.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts