Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to a support group (not anxiety related) and I was shaking for the whole time, freaking out etc. There were a few occasions when either it was my turn to say something or I had indicated I wanted to say something, and I just couldn't talk at all. BUT I did manage to introduce myself, make one comment (that got heard!) and ask one question. So YAY! I was so tense for the whole 2 hours that my shoulders are still aching.

But guess what HAPPENED NEXT??? I went to a bar with the people from the group, completely unplanned!!! WOOHOO :) I didn't even get fuzzy.

·
Registered
527 Posts
So I went to a support group (not anxiety related) and I was shaking for the whole time, freaking out etc. There were a few occasions when either it was my turn to say something or I had indicated I wanted to say something, and I just couldn't talk at all. BUT I did manage to introduce myself, make one comment (that got heard!) and ask one question. So YAY! I was so tense for the whole 2 hours that my shoulders are still aching.

But guess what HAPPENED NEXT??? I went to a bar with the people from the group, completely unplanned!!! WOOHOO :) I didn't even get fuzzy.
Nice one! ;)

I'd thought the "AND THEN..." was going to be something bad. Glad it wasn't. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts