Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my doctor has put me on citalopram and propranolol, i'm just wondering if its safe to use a pc, play video games and watch tv with strobing scenes, or is their an increased risk of seizure?
btw ive never had a seizure before

·
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
738 Posts
Pretty sure it is safe... the risk is miniscule, and probably not even due to photosensitivity. I wouldn't actively test it, though. Might be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies people, when i read the leaflet for citalopram it says it can reduce seizure threshold, but i'm not sure if thats only a problem for people who are prone to seizure?
im currently only on 10mg at the mo, gonna be on 20mg soon though, possibly 40mg in a few weeks
also im taking 40mg of propranolol upto 3 times a day

these doses dont sound very high to me, so im inclined to agree with you all, cheers:)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
thanks for the replies people, when i read the leaflet for citalopram it says it can reduce seizure threshold, but i'm not sure if thats only a problem for people who are prone to seizure?
im currently only on 10mg at the mo, gonna be on 20mg soon though, possibly 40mg in a few weeks
also im taking 40mg of propranolol upto 3 times a day

these doses dont sound very high to me, so im inclined to agree with you all, cheers:)
Your fine, pretty sure any ssris that are taken increase seizures in those prone to them.

But nonetheless one more good reason to take or have a benzo on you. They are anticonvulsants.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts