Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yes, so many times. And usually I think that it's because we are really quiet and they think we don't want to talk to them. Not true!

·
lord of smoothies
558 Posts
Yeah, I used to hate it when people would say "You can speak you know" as if it was that easy :mum

·
Registered
22 Posts
definately, imo being miserable can turn anyone selfish and rude. i've definately become more hostile and depressing

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ikr, they don't understand how something so easy for them is such a difficult task for us

Yeah, I used to hate it when people would say "You can speak you know" as if it was that easy :mum

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It sure can, tend to just want to be left alone

definately, imo being miserable can turn anyone selfish and rude. i've definately become more hostile and depressing

·
Registered
7 Posts
I cannot count the number of times that I have heard... Why are you looking so mean? In my mind I have a blank expression. Because I wasn't joining in the conversation people used how THEY read my facial expression because I wasn't saying anything. Nine times out of ten they got it wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I learned a proverb that said : “Counsel in the heart of a man is as deep waters, but the man of discernment is one that will draw it up.” (Proverbs 20:5) Imagine how hard it would be to get water out of a deep well that's like 75 feet deep. It takes work! People need to understand that sometimes they have to draw a person out. By showing interest, asking tactful questions, they would be letting down their bucket into a deep well...making an effort to talk to someone who struggles with SA. I have appreciated so much when a person has asked me a tactful question like "do you feel that way too?" to help me get started with saying something in a conversation. That is so much better than "You can talk you know."

·
Registered
154,234 Posts

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
I've been misunderstood as being rude and unfriendly because of being too quiet. Also gave the impression of being aggressive and having a bad attitude. The bad way I came across got me asked to leave a recent job volunteering.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts