Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi :)

i wanted to know if there was anybody else with both sad and bipolar 2 and how do you cope and survive and not go even more to the dark side. :roll

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've always suspected that I had bipolar 2 although I don't know all the symptoms. I've always suspected it because my depression spells will often appear with very little warning. Things are usually going alright in my life when they hit me. When they pass I will feel normal again, but I never really reach mania. Is that similar to what it's like?

·
Registered
609 Posts
i have periods where things seem to be going fine but a wave of dullness/ahnedonia will hit me out of nowhere...if this is bipolar 2 then i have it..lol..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mr noah, it does kind of feel like that. i will be talking to a client and all of a sudden feel like my world is crashing in. but that is also interspesed with feelings of elation or 'fake happiness' as i call it. and then there's the sad to contend with. and when all the stuff get mixed i start feeling even crazier trying to seperate, analyse and try to minimize symptoms. :eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow that sounds rough. That's certainly different than what I've got. I don't usually don't have highs to speak of, just times when I feel normal, and when I reach one of my depressive states it sticks around a while. It much be difficult switching back and forth frequently.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have bipolar, I also find it difficult in fall and spring and winter. Summer is best time, but I think the social phobia is the worst. I always question myself and feel guilty a lot. I feel like I have to prove something to someone, but there is no one. My anxieties are out of control and a simple social situation could be paralizing and leave me all messed up. I am isolated. When I like someone I can never get to know them since I will immediately avoid them due to my fear and social antics. I am visably nervous and some of the things I do is head shaking (the worst), too nervous to eat in front of people (so that cuts out lots of social interactions), can't look person in eyes (or head shakes), oh, I also have this really anoying nervous smile that I have a hard time getting rid of.

I am not about to give up. I know that somehow I will concur my demons.... somehow, and I need support badly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts