Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm in Sac. I'd definitely not want to go alone.. But I'll give it some thought.

·
(.*?)
6,742 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm new to Sacramento and I'd like to meet some other Sac SASsies.
I'm up for pretty much any excuse to go anywhere. Pizza? Samiches? Froyo?
Please feel free to click on my face and say hey.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sacramento Shyness & SA Meetup Group

Will someone who actually attends this meetup group please, tell me what the age spread is like? I am at the far end of the age spectrum (age 65, on the outside), and fear that I will be odd man out, if I am the only 50+ person in the group.

·
(.*?)
6,742 Posts
There were a couple of seniors at times I can think of, but rarely -- few meetups have anyone over 45, most group members are late 20s and early 30s.

Edit from 2015: more like mid 20s to early 40s with occasional 50s and 60s now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was a former member of SAS a year or two ago. Im from roseville, im 43 and have social anxiety and bipolar. Im looking for other people to meet up with. Im also looking to see if the group called sacramento shyness & social anxiety meetup group is from this forum. Or is there another group from sacramento that meets from this forum and what is it called so I can join. Any information would be helpful.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey--
I'm interested in possibly joining and wondering about the group in general: demographics, and activities and things like that. I'd also like to know if there are any slants--religious, political, or social (i.e. not only for "singles", etc).
I'm in the area for school, away from the group of people I'm comfortable with, and my social opportunities are limited--even when I want them! So a group of understanding folks sounds like it would be right up my alley. Hope to hear from some of you. Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I signed up on the meet up site and get emails of their events. They have them all the time. I'm kinda far. I would go tho, but I just don't want to show up by myself to a whole group of people I don't know. Maybe I could go with someone here.

·
(.*?)
6,742 Posts
Hey--
I'm interested in possibly joining and wondering about the group in general: demographics, and activities and things like that. I'd also like to know if there are any slants--religious, political, or social (i.e. not only for "singles", etc).
I'm in the area for school, away from the group of people I'm comfortable with, and my social opportunities are limited--even when I want them! So a group of understanding folks sounds like it would be right up my alley. Hope to hear from some of you. Thanks.
Ridiculously late reply: Most of the core group is early 30s, but there are a few early 20s and a few in their 60s. Most seemed to be non-religious. Politics has never really been discussed that I recall, but there's certainly no intolerant conservatives. There's a mix of singles and non-singles. Activities vary -- often board games or card games, sometimes they do karaoke or bowling or hikes or eating out or other random stuff.

·
In 'da 707
4,382 Posts
I moved to West Sac last June but have thus far been too anxious and unmotivated to get to one of these, tho I do want to make it there eventually, probably if there's one in downtown cuz I don't drive. I'm thinking February or March since I'm goin to my dad's for a bit now. Seems like a cool group.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SAD treatment in Sacramento?

Hi - I'm the parent of a 15 year old that I suspect may have SAD, and I'd like to have him evaluated for it. Does anyone on this board have any recommendations for therapists in the Sacramento area who a) have experience diagnosing/treating SAD, and b) you think would work well with a teen?

Thanks in advance!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts