Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone feel like their anxiety is worse in the morning? If so does anyone know why this is? Thankyou, Lind

·
Transformation Master
124 Posts
It's always that way for me. Usually I slam 1 liter of water and then some coffee, boom, anxiety subsided until the next morning. :S

·
Registered
580 Posts
Does anyone feel like their anxiety is worse in the morning? If so does anyone know why this is? Thankyou, Lind
Definitely!!!

My anxiety is much worse from sunrise till around 11 am .. and this would be the same weather it is a working day or a weekend.. i have no clue why ?!!! :|

My only explanation is that usually i am not sharp in the morning and i feel like i am not on the same speed with life around me . So i feel a bit behind and that stresses me out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've seen similar threads like this one before and people usually agree that it is worse in the morning but from my part I feel the other way around. I guess it's because I am not a morning person and care less what people think then. idk

·
Cheesus
4,144 Posts
Maybe because in the morning your cortisol levels are much higher to get you going. Those with anxiety may have abnormally high levels.

·
Banned
4,659 Posts
My paranoia is worse in the morning. I can barely make out the voices of people outside or in other apartments talking and laughing, and I think they're talking about me, laughing at me. When I'm still half asleep and drowsy, those ridiculous thoughts seem real and my heart starts beating faster and I feel horrible. Thanks to all the bullies that traumatized me over a decade. Thanks to parents whispering about me when I could hear them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tend to feel a bit anxious when I wake up with bed hair, and even after intense combing, It still feels a bit weird....

I tend to tease my hair a lot with my hand, even in public, hoping when I look at a mirror again, it will look nice. I hope that doesn't look too weird around people.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I get this as well, I actually try to avoid some classes in the morning just because I feel so stuck in my head. Add to that jumping into the Parisian metro where everybody's grim, pissed off and keen on staring you down if you look just a tad out of it and morning time feels like your public execution is coming up. What works but which is unhealthy is eating a big fat breakfast, the Irish breakfast does it for me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It hits me at night, when I have nothing to do and it's dark. When it's daytime, I feel better. Just because there is daylight, it make's me feel more quiet and clear in my head.

·
Registered
65 Posts
im doing pretty ok in the morning IF i get my coffee. my anxiety is worse during afternoon and evening because it makes me so damn tired (mentally) to be around people (at school/work) so at the end of the work-shift/classes i really have zero interest in conversations and just wanna get home to be alone and wait for another pointless day...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yep, mine is bad here in the mornings as well....although it has subsided a bit after taking some St. Johns Wort/ Now Foods "True Calm" supplements before bed.

My anxiety is usually worse if I have nothing to do that day...or not working till late in the day. A lot of the time, I just feel like I can't/don't want to get out of bed either. Although when this happens, I usually get up and read a book for a bit, then eventually get hungry enough to eat breakfast (I'm not the kind of person that can jump right up and eat in the morning).

·
Registered
287 Posts
I often get anxiety at night when I try to sleep. Sucks cuz naptime is the worst time to get anxiety imo

·
Registered
589 Posts
My anxiety is worse in the morning. This could be due to a couple of things.

Maybe I am dreading what the day might bring. Since I have anxiety I am always worrying about the immediate future. I have a whole day in front of me and being a pessimist I think I will do something later in the day to embarrass myself.

Or I simply need to legitimize my existence by speaking with another person. For example, I live with my father and once I have a decent interaction with him I usually feel better, legitimized for the rest of the day for having experienced that.

Or my brain chemistry really is worse in the mornings. I've noticed even alcohol does not produce anxiolytic or euphoric effects in the morning but very much does so in the evening. Other euphoric and anxiolytic inducing substances I have used also do not work in the first half hour after I wake up in the mornings either. That, in itself, I have observed is quite a phenomenom.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts