Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the very idea of people with SA meeting probably seems almost humerus but has anybody from the board ever met with another user? I ask because I feel so isolated, nobody knows what it's like to live like this and as much as I fear people I feel like there would be an instant level of comfort around another person with SA because there would be an understanding and no pressure to act or behave a certain way to appear more 'normal'.

I just wonder if maybe a good way to learn to cope with social anxiety is to meet and socialize with people that also have it because it probably offers a level of insight into your own situation whilst also relieving some of the stress SA builds because of the isolation.

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
There have been a few SA meetups on the board. I guess it just depends on if there are a lot of people where you live that come on here.

·
Banned
497 Posts
I know the very idea of people with SA meeting probably seems almost humerus but has anybody from the board ever met with another user? I ask because I feel so isolated, nobody knows what it's like to live like this and as much as I fear people I feel like there would be an instant level of comfort around another person with SA because there would be an understanding and no pressure to act or behave a certain way to appear more 'normal'.

I just wonder if maybe a good way to learn to cope with social anxiety is to meet and socialize with people that also have it because it probably offers a level of insight into your own situation whilst also relieving some of the stress SA builds because of the isolation.
on www.sauk.com members from the uk frequently meet up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts