Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Which symbol should we use to identify each other?

• bead necklace w/letters that say SAD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go here to see it: www.fobiasocial.net/postt4388.html (You'll have to scroll down, but eventually, y

• brick wall

• small "SA" written on the backs of our hands

• bracelets (made out of string or something with a certain color combo;they wouldn't have to be too g

• SAD in a cool font

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you like my idea, (see "An idea..." in the coping forum) please vote here for the symbol we are going to use. I set the poll for a week, so make sure to vote if you want to.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I voted for bracelet . But, honestly I dont think I would go through with any of those.. I dont wear anything that might stand out even a tinsy bit :hide :sas

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean not wanting to draw attention to yourself. I voted for the bracelet too, partly because I think it would be the least noticeable. It wouldn't have to have letters on it or anything, so people probably wouldn't ask what it means. They would hopefully just think it's some bracelet that we happen to be wearing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Someone on another site had another idea. They suggested hands imprisoned by chains. I added that to the poll on that site, but I don't think I can do that here, so if you like that idea, just say, "I vote for the hands." or something like that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think we had this idea before, about the symbols. I like the bracelet idea. Maybe someone could make them and sell them, and donate the profits to sas. :stu :hide

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jaded_blonde said:
I dont think I would want to hands chained, people might think it means slavery or something.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It might be kind of hard to draw too, at least for people like me (I stink at drawing. lol). I figured I should add it just in case though, because some people on another site liked it. I figured it wouldn't win anyway.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
grooveOnthis said:
I think we had this idea before, about the symbols. I like the bracelet idea. Maybe someone could make them and sell them, and donate the profits to sas. :stu :hide
Good idea, but who would we sell them to? If we sold them to the general public, everyone would be wearing them, so we couldn't use it as an SA symbol. But, if we don't decide to use that for our symbol, we could use it as a fund raiser instead. It is a cool idea. We could do that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
We could sell them to the users on this site, and other anxiety support sites.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The bracelet is a good idea.. I'd buy one! Even if no-one else knew what it meant here, it would still be kind of a gesture of solitdarity :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay, someone on another site that helped think of the ¿Evitas? idea said that it was supposed to be something we say to people who we think might have SAD, so that's another option. We could either use the word as a written symbol or we could say it out loud, and the other person would either look at us like we're crazy (if they don't have SAD) in which case we would insist that we didn't say anything, or they would say, "Claro,"( if they do have it). Sounds kind of "dangerous" for an SAer, but if anyone likes it, you can vote for it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you have any ideas of your own? We can always add more if someone comes up with anything.

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
Ideas for an SA symbol.... :con

1. A chalk outline like they use at the crime scenes.....

2. An empty zip-lock bag....

3. A Ski Mask....

Or our old friend..... :hide :hide :hide :hide :hide :hide :hide :hide

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
WinterDave said:

3. A Ski Mask....

Yeah I like this one :hide

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Man, I haven't been to fobiasocial.net in ages. *reminisce*

Honestly, I don't know. I was gonna be a smartass in my answer but maybe it's a good idea, I mean it can't hurt to think anyway.

The one logo was okay. What about a blue circle surrounded by a singular object such as the number "1" or a star or something else... I'm not sure what. I like that concept because the sign in the middle symbolizes the solitary nature of the illness, but the circle symbolizes multiplicity - that there are lots of us, we're not alone, etc etc. Anyway, just a thought.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ghostgurl said:
WinterDave said:

3. A Ski Mask....

Yeah I like this one :hide
Yeah, ok, you can vote for those too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts