Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made a post maybe a week ago saying how I was new to the forum and that I have pretty bad SA too. In this last week a lot has happened. I literally just stopped giving a **** what other people think. I just go out and do things spontaneously and I just feel a whole lot better than dwindling on them forever. One big problem of my SA is my fear of my face turning red when I go into social situations. I stopped caring about that too. When I don't care, it doesn't turn red. Simple as that. I'm not saying to not care about life or anything, just maybe try stopping caring about the "opinions" of everyone around you. Good luck guys :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
WOW! Okay... I have to say that your story has been really inspirational to me. Even people without SA worry about that... they worry about what other people think about them all the times. I know I've been guilty of this in the past. I would LOVE to get to that phase. I get so jealous of some people sometimes because I'm jealous of the relationship that they have with others and I question my relationships at time.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Hmm, somewhat a great piece of advice, that i try also seem to try to use it every day.
It helps me go through what i have to do, and it only works in low anxiety situations, or if you have light social anxiety.

It's a great thought and the basic cure of S.A. but i think it won't help for most people (or at least not in most situations) because the unsconscious negatief beliefs often are more powerful than your will to 'not give a ****'

However i find that repeating multiple times a day 'i don't give a **** about what others think and i live in my own reality' for a few months makes some changes, it's a slow process.

You state that you cured your S.A. without therapy, but this is basicly a form of self-therapy, call it Cognitive therapy or Neuro Linguistic Programming or just plain simple an Insight. You're S.A. didn't magically dissapear, you first had to plant this new belief into your brain ;)

So final conclusion, great tip, only just not as easy to apply for most people, since the anxiety most of the times just overwhelms all your rational thoughts.

I'm happy for you that you've cured your SA!!

·
A Little Too Shy
69 Posts
Good for you! :D I have those moments once in awhile. The trick is to find someone or something that will keep you going and continue inspire you. I hope this outburst continues to develop! Don't fall back into a depression pit! ^_^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.