Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who thiinks that sometimes because of our behaviour that sometimes SA people can be horrible people, mean anyone can have SA but that doesn't necessarily make them good people.
Sometimes we can be mean and ignore or hurt people just to be safe from humiliation or quickly judge someone.
Some people I've notice who have SA can be very selfish and cowardly.

·
killer of conversations
10,545 Posts
I feel as though I'm rude sometimes simply out of lack of communication. Maybe a "thank you" I stuttered out was too quiet, maybe I judged someone too harshly. Yada yada. Oh well. At least I'm aware. Many "normal" people are *******s too. I like to think I'm a nice enough person. If kindness is shown to me I'll gladly return it. SA definitely doesn't equal being the most considerate person you'll ever encounter. It just means SA.

·
Loser
207 Posts
I come out as rude sometimes. As when my parents have friends over I don't show up to say hello. I'm cowardly as well as I almost never joined parties or any social activities. And as a little kid I chucked a hissy sometimes when I didn't wanted to do something and got forced in the corner.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
Im a wimp and can be rude unintentionally in public so of course im going to be sel fish because of my insecurity but a lot of people are.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think S.A people are seen as rude by many people, people don't like being "snubbed".
S.A also doesn't dictate your personality, and I know for a fact it has made me more bitter, angry, and apathetic.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think S.A people are seen as rude by many people, people don't like being "snubbed".
S.A also doesn't dictate your personality, and I know for a fact it has made me more bitter, angry, and apathetic.
true me too

·
Banned
728 Posts
I think there are good and bad things about social anxiety (the effects it has on our personalities).

For example:

Positives- We are less likely to judge others.

Negatives- We can be selfish, less likely to trust others.

·
In 'da 707
4,382 Posts
Yes SAers are all into themselves, which is a big part of the problem. However, a lot of the rude things we do aren't done w/the intention of being mean. They are done because certain things are hard for us. But ppl can interpret the behaviors as rudeness because they don't understand.

·
Registered
931 Posts
yup, I'm too self centered. Although I think I'm getting better with that, but I still can't communicate that I care about anyone very well.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I get really anxious when I'm walking through a door in public, especially like when coming out of Church when there is a crowd of people, and where it might be polite to hold a door open for someone, I always walk through and never look behind me, so the door falls on someones face..

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
I get really anxious when I'm walking through a door in public, especially like when coming out of Church when there is a crowd of people, and where it might be polite to hold a door open for someone, I always walk through and never look behind me, so the door falls on someones face..
I have the opposite problem. I always look and almost every time someones too far to hold the door open, but too close not to..hate that

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think because someone does those behaviors it automatically makes them a bad person or not a good person. I think SA might be overwhelming for some people. I haven't been diagnosed (yet, plan to go see someone shortly as I'm getting worse), but I have tons of social issues. I know that I sometimes look mean or rude or unapproachable, but I tend to get so freaked out in situations that it comes out usually in anger or abruptness. I usually just need to get the hell out of there. I feel bad and usually would like to explain to people and tell them that if that is what they get from me, it really is not my intention.
I think that everybody is different and yeah, some people might not be good people, but I think some people truly can't help it and haven't found a way to cope with stressful situations yet. I think fear is a big issue with SA and am not sure why the word cowardly was used in the malicious manner it was.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
I feel as though I'm rude sometimes simply out of lack of communication. Maybe a "thank you" I stuttered out was too quiet, maybe I judged someone too harshly. Yada yada. Oh well. At least I'm aware. Many "normal" people are *******s too. I like to think I'm a nice enough person. If kindness is shown to me I'll gladly return it. SA definitely doesn't equal being the most considerate person you'll ever encounter. It just means SA.
I agree.

And for the record in this skype convo we had last night between a few SAers someone asked what the difference was between an Aussie and NZ accent. THinking on eof the members of the convo was an Aussie and trying to joke with him (there's this thing between Aussie and NZers) I said 'I think the NZ accent is more civilised'... Turns out he wasn't an Aussie; he was a Canadian. GLad I got that off my chest, because I was thinking about it all night :sus.

·
Shift Happens
454 Posts
i agree i can be seen as immature and inconsiderate. It's usually with people whom i know but haven't seen in a while. Some people may even say high to me but i never know because i know i intentionally do not make eye contact on purpose and always wait for the other person to do or say something.

·
Gimme Sympathy
126 Posts
I truly feel that I am a good-hearted, kind person, but i Know the SA can interfere with that. For example, instead of going out of my way to help someone or compliment someone, I just don't because of the anxiety.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looking myself from a different point of view - keeping to my own and not exactly participating in everyday conversations might seem a bit rude for other people... But it's certainly not that, this "something" holds me back.

·
Hear, See , Be silent
1,421 Posts
<------selfish

1 - 20 of 39 Posts