Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i personally dont think there is any debate over this..im a man with SA and its a complete embrassment to have this affliction..men are expected to be the 'take charge' types, the dominant ones etc etc...the men are supposed to ask the women out, not vice versa..i have many more examples of why its much harder for a man to deal with SA....i was curious, do the ladies on here have anything to add to this or do they agree :) ???

didnt create this to make it into an argmument, just a nice debate..:clap

·
Banned
768 Posts
i personally dont think there is any debate over this..im a man with SA and its a complete embrassment to have this affliction..men are expected to be the 'take charge' types, the dominant ones etc etc...the men are supposed to ask the women out, not vice versa..i have many more examples of why its much harder for a man to deal with SA....i was curious, do the ladies on here have anything to add to this or do they agree :) ???

didnt create this to make it into an argmument, just a nice debate..:clap
I don't see how SA could be any easier for a woman. If it ruins a woman's life, how's it any easier for her?

The whole 'men have to ask woman out thing' is another subject altogether. Even men who don't have SA complain about that.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I hope they don't lock it because I would like to say this:

Before recently, I thought what the OP is saying was true. I have come to reverse that belief because of what I've seen on this website. I have seen women on here who are very attractive but still afraid of people. Why are they? I don't understand why, but I know they are. Even they have self esteem problems. That's very sad I think. I can't figure out why they would not like themselves. Maybe I will stick around and learn more about this from reading their posts.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^thats more evidence for me of it being a chemical imbalance..for those of us that were NEVER picked on growing up, that did decen tin school, were good at sports, theres no reason for us to have such low self esteem...ill never understand it..

for a woman to be standoffish, its not looked down upon, but for a guy(especially a bigger guy) to be standoffish and awkward/shy its twice as bad because we are supposed to be the dominant species that always takes control etc etc..

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
jesus christ

no

this is not the ****ing 17th century. women are - shockingly - expected to be dominant, authoritative, assertive in some areas of their life too, its not just men who have to do everything anymore.

i'm probably taking your post too far but seriously. think about it. i

·
Banned
501 Posts
^^thats more evidence for me of it being a chemical imbalance..for those of us that were NEVER picked on growing up, that did decen tin school, were good at sports, theres no reason for us to have such low self esteem...ill never understand it..
Sorry, I didn't understood you there. Can you please clarify?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^everyone or most i talk to say SA results from a lack of self confidence but in many SA sufferers, we are good at most things we involve ourself in, we SHOULD have higher self confidence but dont, therefore i think there is a chemical imbalance going on inside our brains making us think we are somehow inferior to others..im tired as hell right now so it may not make much sense...ill continue tomorrow..

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I completely agree.
I think that SA is harder for males.
Because women are more social than men naturally,
and if a woman is pretty, she will be hit upon many times, whether she likes it or not.
She might not like it, but it's still a social situation, and she can involuntarily practice socializing with others, men in particular.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I disagree that men have it harder and this subject has been done to death.

Makes for good reading, though.
Yes it has......

***Thread Lock Watch***

We'll see how long it takes.

I would like to throw in, though, that men and women have it EQUALLY hard, just in opposing areas. This is why men and women were created to COMPLEMENT each other.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I believe this is true at least when it comes to *starting* relationships (maintaining relationships is another story). Relationships aren't easy for either gender, but it's harder if you're expected to initiate and can't even get the ball rolling in that respect.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Taking an extreme viewpoint one way or the other on this is slightly ridiculous, IMO.

As a male coming from the correspondingly biased perspective, my hunch is that we might have it slightly to moderately worse in terms of relations with the opposite sex (and I'm not quite sure why this idea is so offensive to some women on here, unless it's stated in an insensitive or exaggerated manner). But in terms of the overall impact of SA on our lives and happiness - which is what really matters - it's probably a wash.

Of course, none of us will ever know what the other gender experiences, so it's all conjecture. This is actually something I've often pondered in amazement. Thousands of years of human history, philosophy, and science, and yet not a single one of us has ever been able to accurately conceive of what the life experience is like for our counterparts of the opposite sex.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.