Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

happy i dodged a bullet
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol... i know the title sounds silly but... as the yrs go by I start losing hope for love.... esp when I think abt other girls that amazing and independent while Im just me( I'll leave it at tht lol)

Idk I feel like its too difficult to work on myself...its like starting from ground zero xc
and, idm its kinda overwhelming..

Any other sa lady feel this way?

happy i dodged a bullet
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, im kinda throwing in the towel :p

Banned
I have seen countless number of men thinking about giving up and throwing in the towel (myself included), but almost never any ladies. :eek:

Hang in there girls!

happy i dodged a bullet
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol..u think guys throw themselves at us lol smh...
Sa girls got it hard too xd,

Esp if we don't look like tyrs banks or megan fox and have their personality either.

♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
I'm 37 and no guy has ever even glanced at me except platonically. Even if one did, I'd scare him off. (I'm unattractive...and asexual...so, I have nothing to offer a guy that he might want.)

So, yeah...never going to get wifed up, here. :/

Maybe?
I'm kind of apathetic about it at this point and prefer the same sex, anyway. I suppose the worst case scenario, rather than being alone, would be pairing off with someone who sort-of likes me or having a dysfunctional marriage that makes it hard to just live my life. Makes it look a little less depressing.

Registered
I have seen countless number of men thinking about giving up and throwing in the towel (myself included), but almost never any ladies. :eek:

Hang in there girls!
yep alot of guys have this is probably the first female thread I have seen I threw in the towel when I was 18

Pastry Case
Stop fretting, ladies! Once you get to a certain point, you realise that actually, you are a lot better off on your own :boogie

yep alot of guys have this is probably the first female thread I have seen I threw in the towel when I was 18
It's weird to me that you guys are surprised, I see comments from despairing females around here all the time. :/

Banned
It's weird to me that you guys are surprised, I see comments from despairing females around here all the time. :/
On this very forum!? Really!? :eek:
I need to look a lot harder, or maybe there is a group here I am not a member of and not reading the posts from the lonely single girls. 0_0

Spirit of Vengeance
I need to look a lot harder, or maybe there is a group here I am not a member of and not reading the posts from the lonely single girls. 0_0
There are some, but you're right it seems like a whole lot less than the guys.

All people with SA have it rough in life, that's just how it is.

I do hope you ladies, and guys, can find someone you truly love and that loves you back in the near future. :yes

Mod edit

I was going to say in my earlier post, I think maybe we're just more subtle/understated about it, whereas guys are more vocal/outspoken, but that sounded kind of sexist or something. :/ Perhaps that's merely the way I perceive it, but I see the signals of unhappy solitary females here all the time.

And to add on to what Darktower776 said, yes, it seems somewhat more frequent that females here have at least had a relationship either currently or at some point in the past, but another trend I've noticed is a lot of the times, those are unhappy/unfulfilling relationships. Especially posts about ex-boyfriends...read those, and complaint posts about current boyfriends, carefully when you come across them. You might be thinking, "At least she had a relationship at one point," but many times the truth seems to be, "She had a dysfunctional relationship that might have made her anxiety even worse."

Again, I could be reading too much into things, but these are the strong impressions I've gotten.

And I have no proof for it, but I suspect there are a lot more females here who have no relationship experience than one would assume by reading posts, it's just that those females don't speak up about it for whatever reason. (That might be just me though.)

ETA, wow, you replied before I edited my post! (The final paragraph.) :eek:ops That was quite fast.

Banned
Yes, I think you make good points tehuti88. I guess it depends on how you classify things. I am willing to wager that there are far more men here (myself included) who are currently lonely and also have never been in a relationship at all.

Whereas there are lonely women here as well, but they have still had relationship experience (whether good or bad) so perhaps I have not been counting them.

text ghost
And to add on to what Darktower776 said, yes, it seems somewhat more frequent that females here have at least had a relationship either currently or at some point in the past, but another trend I've noticed is a lot of the times, those are unhappy/unfulfilling relationships. Especially posts about ex-boyfriends...read those, and complaint posts about current boyfriends, carefully when you come across them. You might be thinking, "At least she had a relationship at one point," but many times the truth seems to be, "She had a dysfunctional relationship that might have made her anxiety even worse."

Again, I could be reading too much into things, but these are the strong impressions I've gotten.

And I have no proof for it, but I suspect there are a lot more females here who have no relationship experience than one would assume by reading posts, it's just that those females don't speak up about it for whatever reason. (That might be just me though.)
SO well sed, Tehuti! I'm not sure if this is sexist, but it seems like a lot of guys often just want anygirl, to have a girlfriend, whereas women's wants extend beyond 'having a boyfriend'-- but that also may be/is probably my own projections. Which is just to add to your point about people saying "at least she HAD a relationship, Ive never had anything."

And I just wanted to second the opinion that women (at least here) dont tend to speak up as much, as I have seen. I myself havent spoken up about my own personal wishes to find the right guy, and way more often, I end up reading posts by men on this subject.

Spirit of Vengeance
You make some good points and I have read some of those threads as well. Obviously I don't see or read every thread, but it just seemed to me that there are about equal threads where a girl has a boyfriend that is loving and understanding but they just can't believe the guy really wants to be with them. I've read several of those.

Again, guys and girls with SA have it tough.

Mod edit

Registered
Well I'm only 19, so I couldn't care less about marriage, or a relationship really, but I probably will when I'm older. Or maybe it's just because my parents divorced when I was really young (3) and I just think it's a waste of time. My brother and I are both like that, so that's probably it. Just hang in there, hopefully you'll find someone who loves you for you.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts