Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gimme Sympathy
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this topic has been beaten to death in this forum many a time before, but w.e.
what are some good jobs for people with SA? I'm assuming being a waiter/bartender isn't up there at all, but who knows, i've had some shy waiters before (I'm mentioning this because I have an interview to be a waiter tomorrow, oh my)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I worked in a library for about a year. Pretty good job for a SA sufferer, but as soon as I got promoted to working behind the desk I had to quit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
mY first job was at a huge restaurant as a busboy...it was horrible and degrading.

i wouldnt mind being a driver -- i.e limo, old people transportation bus thingy, private driver type of job. you just have to concentrate on one thing - driving. no talkin or nothing and u wait in the limo by yourself n do whatever u want

Does anybody here have a high paying job?
nope, i wish i had A job though...

·
Jedi Consular
63 Posts
Top 10 Jobs

10. Truck driver
9. Library book shelver
8. Stocker
7. Food Service worker
6. Construction
5. Driver
4. File clerk
3. Housekeeper, custodian, janitor
2. Deliver newspapers
1. Deliver mail on foot, in the car, or UPS/Fedex

With degrees, certificates, and/or experience or none:

10. Auditor
9. Information Technology
8. Health Information Management
7. Computer Information Systems or Computer Science
6. Psychologist, social worker, psychiatrist
5. Geographic Information Systems; Geography
4. Researcher
3. Bookkeeping
2. Accounting
1. Simulation & Game Design

This is not in any order. I was taking a personality job test and these jobs were listed if I didn't want much to do with people.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've always wanted to be a mailman, drive around in a little truck all day would be awesome.
They get paid VERY well too.

And at the end of the day, stop by Cheers like Cliff Claven:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Where I work I have to see the customers twice a week and cook and serve them food. I really can't say I enjoy it, but I at least can put up with it. There's no reason you couldn't be a waiter.
It also doesn't seem like a bad job. Meet plenty of girls, don't work too hard, and work when you want.
It's always important to get out of you comfort zone. This applies to everyone.

·
Jedi Consular
63 Posts

What a coincidence, I plan on getting a Computer Science degree to go into a programming field like that (game design would be awesome, but I doubt there's any room in the industry...).
Corey, you are right there isn't much jobs out there for game design. With a computer science degree, you will find a lot of jobs and grow to others like management.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I worked internet tech support in a call center for a few months. I enjoyed it at first, but I don't really like work in general anyways. Call centers are pretty fun if you get a slow day, the only negative aspects I see is the frustration from people who call you (or you call) and obviously don't know what's going on at all and the closed in feel of the call center, though I'm sure that could vary from center to center.

·
Permanently Blessed
413 Posts
Well I am in radio, which tells you if you want something bad enough you can do it. There are aspects of the job that are tough, but the easiest is locking yourself in the production studio to produce commercials or sit in a room by yourself and talk behind a mic. The hardest? Interviewing people and going on on-site remotes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts