Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else but me have sa in the majority of their dreams?
I'm sure that this is affecting me during the day although I might not be aware of it.
It's like my subconscious mind is feeding itself during both day and night growing stronger and stronger.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
31 Posts
in my dreams i might be quiet, but i don't get any anxiety. My day dreams are usually about me talkign to people about stuff with absolute no SA at all, though i try to stop these thoughts because i know they are pointless and i'm wasting time.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Ive had SA in one dream that i can vaguely remember, it was at my sisters wedding and i ran away because it was really crowded inside and i was supposed to be the bride's maid.

·
Registered
475 Posts
i am the exact same person in my dreams as i am in real life. i can never escape SAD. it's been with me as long as i can remember.
a lot of times i dream that i see someone who i haven't seen in a long time(like an old friend) and they ignore me the whole time that we spend together and hang out with other people. i try to talk to them but i don'tknow what to say or if they even want me to talk to them.
i've never done anything in my dreams that i wouldn't do in real life!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't have SA in my dreams. But I hardly ever talk in them. I suppose that is a reflection of me during the day. My dreams are all visual. I don't hear sounds at all. If I do, I sure don't remember them.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Oh my gosh, I had a big one this morning! I was in my office and a guy turned his back to me and carried a conversation with me while facing the other direction! I remember being so embarrassed, it woke me up! :afr

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hmm I don't know if I've ever had SA in my dreams. If anything, I'm actually "normal" in my dreams! :lol :stu

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes I've had SA in alot of dreams. Often high school dreams where I'm aon the outskirts.
High school was 25 years ago!

·
Registered
32 Posts
All the time. :lol

I had one last week in which I was roommates with one of my co-workers. She had two friends come over to visit her. The girls came in and barely spoke to me. I'm thinking, what’s their problem. So it turns out my roommate was throwing this party/charity event for something. And connected to our apartment was this huge auditorium. She must have invited well over 500 people. There was so much entertainment, it was like a circus. But the guests were supposed to be people that we went to school with. (In real life I didn't know my co-worker before this job.)

People were pilling in and I knew they'd all gone to my school, and I remember feeling sad because none of them remembered me. Now I'm telling myself I should go upstairs (wherever this would have led me) to see if my cousin wanted to come down and enjoy the festivities. But I thought better of it because I'd be embarrassed by the fact that none of my old classmates knew who I was. So instead I left the party and spent the remainder of the night trying to convince the security guard who was now posted at my door to let me into my room because I lived there.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Usually in my dreams I'm outgoing, eccentric. I guess it's my mind trying to compensate for how I am when awake.

xoxo
Maggi

·
Registered
156 Posts
Goran said:
i've never had sa in my dreams. I love my dreams. They're 100x better than reality. :nw
:agree I always wake up and wish that i could go back to my dream instead of going to school or work.

·
Registered
198 Posts
i've always had vivid dreams, they've usually been a nice escape.

since i've been on paxil (3 weeks) my dreams have been terrible. i had one recently where i was told out of the blue i had to give a lecture at a university. having absolutely no knowlegde of the topic, i walked into the room and it was this huge lecture hall, packed with students. or i'm at work and my coworkers are surrounding and demanding answers to their questions and they're correcting me, but they're wrong and i just cow down to them. uughh!!

gawd, i hope this is temporary.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Goran said:
i've never had sa in my dreams. I love my dreams. They're 100x better than reality. :nw
Same here. I love my dreams. They're hardly ever based in real life and they usually have a decent plot. But what I find really strange...Is that I'm usually a guy in them. :con

·
Registered
1 Posts
They say you should take notice of your dreams as it has alot of meaning to your real life, usualy my dreams are the perfect life - its always summer time !! just how i remember my child-hood before i got SA.

One morning i had this dream, i had to write it down because it seemed so relevent, i think it symbolises how my social skills and need for interaction are different compared to others.

here it is - setting was my first day as a bar worker on lunch break ;

I am sitting at the left corner of a long dark oak table, on the opposite side at the centre of the table a man wearing a smart shirt and tie (boss) and a young girl wearing an apron are sitting together, i also sense a couple of people sitting next to me on my right hand side but i don't see them. All attention is on the (boss) who is cracking jokes and we are all laughing along with him when my attention wanders and i look out of the window to my left and admire the beatifull garden which looks like a 5 star golf corse with a still lake with reeds and lillies growing with trees and fields in the distance and the sun just past dusk when im interupted by a loud laughter of people to my right i look back to see him laughing at the young girl who looks kind of shy with her hands on her lap but smileing - im sat there with a blank face not having a clue what everyone was laughing at when they look at me for a second before boss says " he's miles away " and smiles, i smile back and say " yes sorry " he replies confidently " im going to have this one out " pauses for a second while everyone at the table focuses on me, he then procedes to ask me in a serious manner " what is a corjet? " , i can feel a sense of heat growing inside of myself building up to a blush with a puzzled look on my face and reply " a vegetable " everybody birsts into laughter one more time and when i catch his glare with his mouth wide open, eyebrows raised followed by a cheeky smile... i look up with a big grin on my face and instantly reallise what he's done... are you sure its a vegatable.. and not a car

The strange thing is the joke i mention in my dream i swear i have never heard before!! where did my mind find it ?? lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts