Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gamer
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What effects does Marijuana have on SA? If you smoke a little then go out in public will that remove all feeling of SA?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
It may, but if you suffer from an anxiety disorder then its much more likely to produce a panic attack or paranoia. Not a good treatment strategy in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have tried having a smoke before I go shopping and I've done it when I go to the pub. It probably just makes me more anxious. I become afraid to let people notice me in case they notice that I'm high.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Not really a good idea for anxiety, no. I find drinking some decaffeinated green tea, or a bit of alcohol, helps greatly for keeping the buzz in check, but can't smoke too often because those fearful/paranoid feelings grow.

It also depends what strain you get. Indica dominants can actually relieve anxiety, but a strongly sativa smoke probably will just make anxiety worse.

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
I find Indica strains to be mildly anxiolytic, and Sativa dominants to cause very powerful anxiety sometimes leading to panic attacks. However, all strains severely lower my self-esteem and heighten social anxiety and avoidance. Strangely, when I mix cannabis with amphetamine it tends to make me even more talkative than with amp alone AND my self-esteem and SA are completely obliterated. It's a fantastic combo although it's most likely too anxiogenic for many, even for those without anxiety disorders. Adding a benzo to this mix would take care of that and turn it into a great recreational cocktail as well.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I can't stand the feeling of my losing control of my mind. I'm trying so hard for my mind to be normal.

·
Still Running
387 Posts
It helps me in moderation, and I have tried. If I go a little too far (use too much) and as others will tell you the paranoia is extremely difficult to manage. Most of all IT IS ILLEGAL:cig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts