Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was at school and we used to watch a film and if I was sitting in the front of the class and a song, especially a song that I knew or liked or worse still, a song about love. My social anxiety would skyrocket and I would blush like crazy. Even worse if I was sitting next to a girl. Another thing that would happen is that the emotional impact of the music would be extreme, like every word and note would suddenly start affecting me very deeply. I would understand the meaning of the words and the emotions the music was trying to send to the audience. This was way different from listening to music by myself. I was wondering if anyone else experienced this sort of thing. I think this may be my emotions that have been blocked off for years started to break through and because I was so unused to processing emotions, the emotions feel ultra intense. Maybe this is how most people experience music, like it has emotional impact, maybe not so extreme but at some sort of level to make people enjoy it or moved by it. Whereas I hardly even enjoy music because there is no real arousal of affect.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts